Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Footballing hellraisers

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Andy Goram

Schizophrenic sectarian loyalist.

Not a bad call, but there must be a nutty keeper that ticks more boxes than that.
  • Options
    The Argentinian who went to live in a cave before the millenium and I think is still there.

Roja??
  • Options
    Rene Higuita.

Drug cartel, kidnapping, failed tests etc...
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    How can you forget Mickey Thomas

"Even fans too young to have seen Thomas in action for the Uniteds of Manchester and Leeds, Chelsea, Everton and the rest know of his exploits, and have seen that wonderful free-kick which helped Fourth Division Wrexham knock Arsenal, the league champions, out of the FA Cup in 1992. His indiscretions also include the indignity of being stabbed in the bum by his former brother-in law as he shagged the brother-in-law's missus in a car up a country lane in 1992. Ironically, the same reputation which deterred many managers is now his greatest asset. 'My name helps me all the time. It's my notoriety that does it,' he admits."

Mickey
  • Options
    Frank Worthington was a bit of a lad as well
  • Options
    ooh ahh, are we being reckless in ignoring Sir Eric Cantona.
  • Options
    Arf/ Ledge - I remember you trelling that story before. It's one i tell every time some one questions how hard the hardmen are actually!

Great story though.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]being stabbed in the bum by his former brother-in law as he shagged the brother-in-law's missus in a car up a country lane in 1992.

Wouldn't that be his sister?
  • Options
    well he is Welsh

'So Roy Keane's on 50 grand a week. Mind you, I was on 50 grand a week until the police found my printing machine!' - Mickey Thomas

Getting 18 months in jail over a counterfeit currency scam wasn't the lowest point of Mickey Thomas's long and controversy laden career.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: red_murph[/cite]Frank Worthington was a bit of a lad as well

I'd take Frank up front (of the queue for the bar)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't Roy Carroll have to go into re-hab for something recently - can't remember if it was drinking, gambling or both.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]being stabbed in the bum by his former brother-in law as he shagged the brother-in-law's missus in a car up a country lane in 1992.

thats what i though!!
  • Options
    No mention of George Best?
  • Options
    Norman Whiteside, Bryan Robson...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

thats what i though!!

Or it could be his ex-wifes brothers missus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Arf/ Ledge - I remember you trelling that story before. It's one i tell every time some one questions how hard the hardmen are actually!

Great story though.

i promise ya it still makes me wince at some of the tackles he hit me with