Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Jet Black

The Stranglers drummer has passed away aged 84. RIP, and thanks for the music, Jet. 

Comments

• Options
    Thought he'd died a few years ago. I know he'd stopped doing anything through I'll health ages ago. Made some great music. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

Maybe he’s on that great beach in the sky looking at some peaches. 
  • Options
    RIP loved his stuff
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    My favourite group, seen them more times than I can remember, gutted that's two of them in the last year or so.

Cheers Jet

RIP
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Oh no. Just seen this. My favourite band back in the day and what a character. Re-forming with Dave Greenfield back on keyboards! Been expecting it for years tbh, but still a shock.

RIP Jet & thanks 

Edit- we're running short of heroes!
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    RIP and a great drummer and band.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Founder of the mighty Stranglers - I never thought the records, brilliant as they were, captured what a powerhouse of a drummer he was. If time travel was available I’d have a double header with a floodlit game at The Valley in the late 70’s and one of the original Stranglers gigs.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Going to see what's left of the Stranglers next march. But after Dave passed away, that's two in a year.
    Loved the Stranglers and saw them over and over - some terrific memories. Jet Back was a founder and leader. And now he'll be jamming with Dave in the sky.
    RIP Jet - may heaven be Golden Brown

• Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    whatever happened to all of the heroes ? .. R I P
  • Options
    An integral part of my favourite band from 1977 to 1990. RIP Jet Black.
  • Options
    RIPJet. Legend.
  • Options
    Massively underrated drummer and band.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Awe man, that's my band.
    Not Jet Black?

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Out most of yesterday and hadn't seen this. 

RIP
  • Options
    well in his mid 30's when forming the (Guildford) Stranglers and probably the oldest active punk rocker
    good chance he was already the wealthiest punk as he'd run various businesses including a string of ice cream vans before returning to drumming
    designed his own kick drum pedal too
    JJ Burnel now the last remaining original member still active in the band