Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v France - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Referee has been France's best player so far. 
  • Options
    Fuck off Matterface about who is friends with who you utter nause
  • Options
    Finally!! - Something good from the ref to get the card out
  • Options
    I slag Southgate a fair bit but he's got this spot on.

Ansolutely fucked by FIFA again. 🛎️ends.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Just needs to find how to unlock this French team now... They're protecting this lead more than anything 
  • Options
    We need to be wary of them on the break but I don't think we need to change much at half time, I think a goal will come
  • Options
    Cmon... Bellingham just got pushed to the floor on half way - Stevie Wonder could do a better job at refereeing 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Just needs to find how to unlock this French team now... They're protecting this lead more than anything 
    I fancy us second half. Our players will be fuming at HT. think we'll see a response (providing the ref decides to stop being a tosser)
  • Options
    Get up you French tart!! 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    We need to be wary of them on the break but I don't think we need to change much at half time, I think a goal will come
    I agree. They could do us on the break but I like what we’ve seen from England. We are in this game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Foden's corners haven't been great
  • Options
    No head injury and yet he stops the game
  • Options
    He's given a free kick for that!!!

Genuine question, what league is the ref from? He is absolutely piss poor.
  • Options
    Foden's corners haven't been great
    Dunno... Almost scored from the last one
  • Options
    Blowing up for their player being down when we're on the attack, gives it back and then blows for HT, tosser.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Good morning from Sydney, come on England!
    Don’t envy you. At least, we can sleep off any disappointment 
    Will probably go back to bed afterwards 😊
  • Options
    The only player you could really point to coming off is maybe Foden? Hasn't really been in the game as much as you would like him to be. 
  • Options
    1-0 is fine, plenty of time to do a Golfie. 
  • Options
    No head injury and yet he stops the game
    Stops the game when we have the ball and it wasn't even a foul. Bizarre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stitched up. Let’s hope the ref learns that he made a mistake or two at half time and feels the need to balance it up.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    He's given a free kick for that!!!

Genuine question, what league is the ref from? He is absolutely piss poor.
    He's Colombian so bitter for the defeat against us four years ago no doubt
  • Options
    lovely memories of 1982 in Spain at the time of the Falklands war .. we played France in the first round against a cauldron of Spanish hate, boos, whistles, pro Argentina chanting .. we won 3-1 and pissed the Spanish (and the French)  right off .. titanic performance especially from  skipper Bryan Robson who scored a memorable goal .. a repeat today would be just perfect ..

1982 World Cup Finals Bilbao Spain 16th June 1982 England 3 v France 1
    my mistake, Mick Mills and not Bryan Robson was the skipper
    Mick Mills took my programme on the Stoke City coach after the “last” game at The Valley and got the team to sign it for me. Top bloke, especially given we’d just beaten them and he probably wanted to get away asap. 
    7, Do you still have it?  A very nice piece of memorabilia.
  • Options
    We've played well. France are just very good. Could take saka off as he's seemed hesitant 
  • Options
    It's been a bit slow from England, French seem so much more confident on the ball and are finding their passes much better than us. Still in it though, just needs a spark
  • Options
    Saka is getting bullied
  • Options
    Stitched up. Let’s hope the ref learns that he made a mistake or two at half time and feels the need to balance it up.
    Yeah he will give France a penalty 
  • Options
    No cnuting ref has the balls to make a decision 
    we’ve been rumped 
    penalties will have to settle for perleeeeease 
  • Options
    Thought we looked outclassed up until France scored, but then we’ve ‘controlled’ it since then - but France just looking to squeeze
    the game and catch us on the transition so no surprise.

Ref has been crap, but not his fault we are finding it hard to break through a quality team, especially when we are not committing Walker at all. 

Unless Foden is allowed to drift in more I’d get Grealish of Rashford on for him so we can have someone a bit more direct.