Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

best place for an 8 year old to sit?

Looking for an advice. Where would you recomend his father take him in the ground bearing in mind he wants atmosphere, but also decent view. Our ST are Upper west Block P which certainly isn't best for atmosphere. 
So where would you suggest? What is the Family Stand like? 

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the Family Stand with my 8 year old and it's perfect for him. Gets the atmosphere from the covered end and if you sit away from the front rows the views decent enough.
  • Options
    Facing away from the pitch!
  • Options
    On the Charlton board 
  • Options
    At home with his playstation.
  • Options
    In the away stand 
  • Options
    Bean bag. HAS to be.
  • Options
    My 8-year-old and I have season tickets in the family stand. If nothing else, it's incredible value, and we enjoy panoramic views of the mediocrity that plays out over a disappointing 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Any stand at West Ham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can they sit in the seat behind Golfie and repeatedly kick the back of his chair? Like the jets from a jacuzzi 
    surely you mean ''from West Side Story?''
  • Options
    Also in the family stand. Best of both worlds as get atmosphere of upper north but great view and really cheap.
  • Options
    PWR - on their bottom I’d guess.
  • Options
    NWQ was where i first took mine. Decent view and near enough to the Covered end for him to learn the Adams family song.
  • Options
    Probably get a spot on the bench!
  • Options
    I misread the opening post as my answer was going to be, straight down Thomas’ guitar-hole…
  • Options
    I'm in the Family Stand with my 8 year old and it's perfect for him. Gets the atmosphere from the covered end and if you sit away from the front rows the views decent enough.
    Thanks for yours and the couple of other proper recomendations posted. Have got some and was surprised how few were available in that area tbh 
  • Options
    @redman it’s not as cheap as the family stand, but sitting in the last blocks of the West and East keeps you close enough to engage with the atmosphere from the North, but without being right amongst it 
  • Options
    @redman it’s not as cheap as the family stand, but sitting in the last blocks of the West and East keeps you close enough to engage with the atmosphere from the North, but without being right amongst it 
    I took jnr aged 7 to WSK for that very reason - get the atmosphere but without too many worries.  He's nearly 22 now and away games we'll stand with everyone else.  We've discussed moving to the covered end but he still wants his ST in the west upper because he's grown up with the group around us.

(chose west over east for his first few games purely for practical reasons that the sun wouldn't get in our eyes...)