Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Hayes press conferences

The Addicks will be without Miles Leaburn and Terell Thomas but the pair are nearing a return.

“Miles and Terell are the two closest," he revealed. "I think for both Saturday will be too close. I think Miles realistically could return against Brighton, I think that is definitely achievable.

"Terell is probably Peterborough. They are the two closest ones.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/hayes-we-have-find-way-win

Comments

• Options
    So bring Miles Leaburn back for Brighton game without trying him first in reserve game.

Thats a big big risk.

Better bring him back slowly after injury he has had.
  • Options
    So bring Miles Leaburn back for Brighton game without trying him first in reserve game.

Thats a big big risk.

Shop window for a Premier League club to have a good look at him. 

TS + MS are probably pushing for it. 
  • Options

Thats a big big risk.

It appears the Charlton way at the moment with anyone...

I know we want to give the kids games to grow and get more experience - But the likes of Albie Morgan etc. can go weeks without playing any game, then they're suddenly expected to be playing for the First Team again, same with injuries, we dont see any examples where the U21s are utilised for match fitness anymore.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Anybody else see the thread title and think to themselves for far too long - who the fuck's Anthony Hayes?
    I had to take a second look before it clicked 
  • Options
    Someone needs to have a serious talk with Thomas Sandgaard TONIGHT!
  • Options
    Was he wearing a cardigan? 

Oh wait, that’s @Henry Irving
  • Options
    what about O'Connell ?.. with us there is no such thing as a 'minor injury' ..  'he'll be back in a week' is never heard 
  • Options

Thats a big big risk.

Why does everyone assume that players are slaves and can be sold at any time? Despite any potential offers, Miles could simply refuse to leave just yet. He knows first hand how hard it would be to even get a sniff of first team football at a prem club and maybe feels that his development is best suited to stay put for now, especially if he thinks there's a chance of Saandgard selling up and an upturn in the club's fortunes. Besides, his value won't be vastly substantial from playing a handful of L1 matches. Only the "big 6" would possibly be willing to pay over the odds for potential and given that he was released by one of those could make the others reconsider. I can't see him going anywhere at least before the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot of you are making out as if the lineup V Brighton has been shown ffs.
  • Options

Thats a big big risk.

My thoughts entirely. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    A lot of you are making out as if the lineup V Brighton has been shown ffs.
    You mean to say you're not in the loop? DM me and I'll send you a line-up list and my Paypal account (please mark payment as "Friends & family"   :)
  • Options

Thats a big big risk.

Why does everyone assume that players are slaves and can be sold at any time? Despite any potential offers, Miles could simply refuse to leave just yet. He knows first hand how hard it would be to even get a sniff of first team football at a prem club and maybe feels that his development is best suited to stay put for now, especially if he thinks there's a chance of Saandgard selling up and an upturn in the club's fortunes. Besides, his value won't be vastly substantial from playing a handful of L1 matches. Only the "big 6" would possibly be willing to pay over the odds for potential and given that he was released by one of those could make the others reconsider. I can't see him going anywhere at least before the summer.
    What player has said I want to stay and the club went yeah ok you can stay. 

If the owner/club want to sell and get what they want they feel is a reasonable offer then said player will go. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Thats a big big risk.

If the owner/club want to sell and get what they want they feel is a reasonable offer then said player will go. 
    Maybe not if the player knows that the said owner will be gone pretty soon after
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Thats a big big risk.

Maybe not if the player knows that the said owner will be gone pretty soon after
    We will both find out by the start of February 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

Thats a big big risk.

We will both find out by the start of February 
    Here's to hoping I was right  :D
  • Options

Thats a big big risk.

We can hope and we know he’ll have the best advice going but at the end of the day a Premier League team can offer him financial terms that sets him up for life. Literally. Football offers few guarantees. God forbid he could have a career ending injury before his career really starts. No idea what Miles would currently be on at Charlton but you can bet your boots somewhere like Chelsea would offer him ten times that on a three year deal. I’m not saying it would turn his head but my word you would need to think long and hard. 
  • Options
    Have we changed our manager yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    "...go out swinging..."  that's him saying there's no way we can win, isn't it?  Shame he's not been so honest about his selections on Saturday 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    clive said:
    "...go out swinging..."  that's him saying there's no way we can win, isn't it?  Shame he's not been so honest about his selections on Saturday 
    I think he means get stuck in aiming to win rather than going out of the competition fighting.
  • Options
    Go out swinging?

Innis to get a red, and miss the match on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    Go out swinging?

What are the odds on that ?
  • Options
    Go out swinging….does that mean he’ll pick a striker? Wow
  • Options
    Go out swinging?

What are the odds on that ?
  • Options
    Go out swinging?

Miss the game on Boxing Day you say, that sounds promising 😏.
  • Options
    Will Inniss be starting on Wednesday?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    “Googles ‘Massive Donkey pictures’…”
  • Options
    Now that Holden is taking over, what happens to Hayes?

Is he being kept on as part of the backroom staff?