Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas book ideas

Please forgive the shameless plug but my new book The Coal Black Sea, tells the dramatic true story of Churchill’s role in the worst naval disaster of the First World War—and believe it or not, it also mentions Charlton Athletic and The Valley in the opening chapter. The publisher just told me sales are already “exceeding all expectations” but to be honest they didn’t define what their expectations were. Oh, and it’s been nominated for an award!

It took me eight years to research and write and I am happy to sign any copies if you pm me.

It might make an ideal Christmas gift for fellow Addicks who enjoy a bit of naval history with lots of local Kent and SE London family connections. It’s in most bookshops and on Amazon in hardback and Kindle format. All support is greatly appreciated during these hard times.

More information here and feel free to add any Christmas book ideas of your own (please not celebrity cook books or any royal family guff though) 

Thanks, happy Christmas and a happy new ownership for 2023. 

Comments

• Options
    I am still writing mine. Non-fiction, not saying what it covers but only DA9 will be interested... 
  • Options
    Bloody hell, am I the only poster on this forum that hasn’t published a book???!!

Good luck Grumpy, hope it keeps exceeding all expectations 
    I think you would be better writing short stories  ;)
  • Options
    Mine's been five years in the making. Must get back to it soon before anyone forgets about evacuation and WWII.
  • Options
    Mine's been five years in the making. Must get back to it soon before anyone forgets about evacuation and WWII.
    I might not have finished mine if it hadn't been for being locked down during COVID. Now I am trying to make it into a movie or documentary if anyone has any ideas.

It's a tough journey but my advice would be stick with it and see it through to publication.

Good luck all fellow writers. It ain't easy.
  • Options
    Just bought this book.Not started it yet looks interesting.