Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: EFLCUP R4: CHARLTON 0-0 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION ( Charlton 4-3 penalties)

many thanks to the 55 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    2nd game in a row that the strikers are at the bottom for marks. 

Hopefully the new owners have noticed this & new ones are on their way. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    Good to see our CB's at the top of the list instead of at the bottom
  • Options
    An impressive lack of bookings, other than Leaburn, really good discipline
  • Options
    edited December 2022

I mean it must take a great deal of footballing knowledge to come to that conclusion, have you ever thought of being a Director of recruitment or something?

In other words no shit Sherlock.  Ones just turned 19, one is fit for the knackers yard (permanently or not) and the other is Chuks Aneke. 

I am am sure Andy Scott is reading this in appreciation for your revolutionary insight.  It is a shame Steve Gallen never thought of it and left all those millions of quid in the transfer kitty unspent really.  Isn't it.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    It's also a reflection of the fact that 80% of the match was played in our own half and thus the strikers had very little opportunity to impact the game.

What Miles had to do, I thought he did well against seasoned pros.

And Stockley wasn't nearly as bad as some have made out, despite an obvious lack of mobility.
  • Options
    It's also a reflection of the fact that 80% of the match was played in our own half and thus the strikers had very little opportunity to impact the game.

What Miles had to do, I thought he did well against seasoned pros.

And Stockley wasn't nearly as bad as some have made out, despite an obvious lack of mobility.
    Don't mean to knock Leaburn who I like, and didn't look fit which isn't his fault, but he struggled a lot I thought. 14% passing accuracy according to whoscored.com 
  • Options
    Was such a great team performance, give them all joint Man of the Match...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I mean it must take a great deal of footballing knowledge to come to that conclusion, have you ever thought of being a Director of recruitment or something?

In other words no shit Sherlock.  Ones just turned 19, one is fit for the knackers yard (permanently or not) and the other is Chuks Aneke. 

I am am sure Andy Scott is reading this in appreciation for your revolutionary insight.  It is a shame Steve Gallen never thought of it and left all those millions of quid in the transfer kitty unspent really.  Isn't it.
    There’s Christmas spirit front and centre. 
  • Options
    The only way Charlton could win this game was going to be similar to the Leeds and Brentford game when we were battered from start to finish in the Championship.
    Ok no 1-0 win this time but we won because even though our players are limited they did show spirit and this time they blocked or Albion couldn't hit a cow arse with a banjo when they saw the Goal posts; even with their penalties they struggled.

The first half we played well against Rovers before Ryan Inniss thought he was a slow Doorman and not a professional footballer.

Man United will declare after 70 minutes in reality but I would love to do my manager's speech to the players and convince them they are winners not League 1 sinners.