Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

486 Bus after the game

Re the Boxing Day Game I was thinking of the above as an option to get home.
Have any of you guys managed to use this when it is on diversion?

Comments

• Options

Although I haven’t used it for a while, I can offer the following information.  After the game the 486 is usually diverted for around 25 – 30 minutes.  Most buses stop in Woolwich Road, at the east bound Charlton Station / Woolwich Road stop used by the 161, 177 and 180.  However, occasionally the driver decides not to stop here.  Therefore, you may wish to walk back to the normal route stop in Bugsby’s Way.  The later is also safer in case it does not get diverted.

• Options

Although I haven’t used it for a while, I can offer the following information.  After the game the 486 is usually diverted for around 25 – 30 minutes.  Most buses stop in Woolwich Road, at the east bound Charlton Station / Woolwich Road stop used by the 161, 177 and 180.  However, occasionally the driver decides not to stop here.  Therefore, you may wish to walk back to the normal route stop in Bugsby’s Way.  The later is also safer in case it does not get diverted.

I really appreciate this. Thankyou very much.
  • Options
    Just to add you can get live london bus information on a smartphone via Google and/or tfl.gov.uk -though appreciate not everyone has one or the ability to use one.
  • Options
    Also be aware that when it is on diversion it tends not to stop at any of the bus stops along the diverted route until it is back on the normal route around the Woolwich Barracks/QEII Hospital. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. They had better win after all this.
  • Options
    I did not know of the service until I moved to Shortlands in '93, the 726 ran from Dartford to Heathrow Airport, it ceased running about 20 years ago.
    It took just under 2.5 hours from there so it would have been 3 hours or more from Dartford, it was a very strange route to run, I only used it the once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did not know of the service until I moved to Shortlands in '93, the 726 ran from Dartford to Heathrow Airport, it ceased running about 20 years ago.
    It took just under 2.5 hours from there so it would have been 3 hours or more from Dartford, it was a very strange route to run, I only used it the once.
    That was apt 

You say that, when I went to the Valencia game in 2006, afterwards I was in the press area looking for teamsheets etc and bumped into Scott Minto.  I spoke to him for about 15 minutes, he was a good lad.  Anyway, it got onto the subject of where I lived, he laughed and said that he used to live 3 minutes from me in Scotts Avenue.  The comedian that I am asked did he move there because of the road name!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    This is the one (well a model) I used to use it to get to Bromley from Dartford, remember it being very expensive compared to a Red bus, almost £1 I think.