Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Xmas Thread 2022 - Kids Up Yet?

Early starts for people or not? What time they have you up this morning

Comments

• What a bloody night. My 9 Yr old woke us up at 1.30 am because she found father Christmas driving licence on the landing. 1.50am daddy I can't sleep. 2,15am daddy I still can't sleep I need a cuddle. So I jump in to her bed to give her a cuddle. Her bed has more Teddy bears than a Disney store. So she sleeps half way down it. Every 15 minutes all I got was what time is it. Just dozing off lovely and all I got was daddy stop snoring. She eventually got up at 6. Looks like I've got the perfect excuse to have an afternoon nap.  Merry Christmas lifers and family 
    Bless her, Merry Christmas from just up the road in Newent 🎅👍
  • 7pm for me... Its the usual time my 4-year old Son gets up to be fair, wife was already up.

I would have had a lie in, but then would have missed the utter excitement on his face when he first saw that the plate of cookies left out for Santa was empty (They were good!!), and then saw the presents under the tree.
  • Had to wake my three old at 8am. So unpredictable though, could easily have been 5am another day. 
  • I told them I was setting an alarm at 8.15 and to not wake me up before. Me and my two kids in one room as wife has Covid.

They must have got up 10-15 times to get my phone and check the time starting at 3.20. then at 6am my little 7yr old girl declares she thinks Santa is a bit creepy and came and got into my bed.  I stoically stayed in bed till 8.15.  

Going to hit a wall at some point today but as Mrs is pretty full of Covid I will have to continue with no nap ☹️.  

Can't complain, they have been good as gold so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• The magic of Christmas, once they know, it’s never the same. 🎅🏻 
     My 11 year old is hanging on for dear life. Pretty sure he Knows it's not real anymore but is playing along. He was up at 7 and we are now desperately trying to keep out of his way for fear of broken toes as he's flying about on his new hoverboard.
    My eldest didn't want to get up and even went back to his pit for an hour after the presents had been opened.
  • 7pm for me... Its the usual time my 4-year old Son gets up to be fair, wife was already up.

I would have had a lie in, but then would have missed the utter excitement on his face when he first saw that the plate of cookies left out for Santa was empty (They were good!!), and then saw the presents under the tree.
    How could you possibly know they were good if Santa ate them?
  • 3 year old daughter up at 9.30. 16 year old son at 11 and my 21 year old is still in bed asleep. We’ve had our dinner without him. 
  • My little ones awake at 5.30….they were allowed to wake the older 2 at 6.30, cue madness for a few hours.

absolutely knackered now…
  • Had to wake our 9 and 12 year old up 9:00. Unheard of. 
  • Way back in 1993 I got home (I was 23 - still lived at home) from my night out, and my mum, dad and my 2 sisters (my sisters 6 years younger than me) were opening presents - it was 10.30am and my dad was highly suspicious of my pupils of my eyes, which were like saucers 😳