Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SSL Cirtificat

Can someone explain what a SSL Cirtificate is.I have ordered ink cartridges from Cartridges Save and their website is  not available because of SSL cirtificate.The amount has been taken from my account(£55) so
 I am a little concerned that I may loose the cash.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    It’s the site security certificate. If you mean cartridgesave.co.uk it looks fine on my browser. Looks legit enough so should be fine

Try again later or in a different browser
  • Options
    Thank You will try safari,iam using Firefox.I have tried three browser and they all say SSL site not available
  • Options
    You may wish to try and cancel the order ASAP.
    Ordered some myself start of December and got a boatload of refugees turn up carol singing at my front door.
    To top it all, they weren’t keen on mince pies.
  • Options
    Googled them and whilst one link came up with no SSl certificate, another took me to their website with a telephone number.
    https://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/
  • Options
    The certificate has too be renewed periodically and most likely it has expired over the holidays and nobody has been around to renew it.

The browser uses the certificate too check that you are actually talking to the company that registered the address and that your connection has not been hijacked or intercepted. 

It says nothing about the company itself. Almost anyone can get a certificate.