Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OLD TRAFFORD COACH TRAVEL INFORMATION

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    can you drink on the coaches?
  • Options
    The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc), Act, 1985, specifically prohibits the carrying or consuming of alcohol on coaches travelling to or from designated sporting events, which includes all senior football matches. Not only would you be at risk of arrest, but police have the authority to turn the coaches around, causing all passengers to miss the game. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/valley-away
  • Options
    Return from Euston still less than 40 sheets via Crewe.
  • Options
    No, drugs only mate
    Fair dos. If it ant broke…..
  • Options
    clive said:
    The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc), Act, 1985, specifically prohibits the carrying or consuming of alcohol on coaches travelling to or from designated sporting events, which includes all senior football matches. Not only would you be at risk of arrest, but police have the authority to turn the coaches around, causing all passengers to miss the game. 
    Thought as much. Cheers mate 
  • Options

Confirmation from the club of no further additions to the coach pick up points.

+++++

Dear Supporter,

Thank you for adding your name to our waiting list for Valley Away home pick-up routes for our fixture against Manchester United in the Carabao Cup quarter-final next Tuesday, January 10th.

Unfortunately we will not be running our coaches from the route you requested, however please see the routes you have available below.

Bexleyheath – 12:30pm

Charlton – 12:30pm

Eltham – 12:30pm

Dartford – 12:30pm

Gravesend – 12:15pm

Bromley – 12:00pm

Larkfield – 12.00pm

For more information on available coaches to the match, please call our ticket office on 03330 14 44 44

Best regards,

Charlton Athletic

• Options
    All seems sensible, and a fair price to park up. 
    Yes, nothing wrong with looking to cover the cost of the stewards etc. 
    I don’t really agree. Each coach is going to yield £750-£1,000 over and above the hire cost. On top of that the club will get 45% of the net ticket receipts (after allowable costs and VAT). Therefore the first priority is to get people to go to the game and sell the allocation.

If the club sells 200 car park places it will receive £500 net of VAT less the cost of administration. It can generate that from a fraction of a coach.

I don’t think £3 is terrible, although it means many people will park around the ground where they can. I just think it’s the wrong focus. They’d be much better off running an extra coach.
    This is wrong so needs correcting. The club’s margin on each coach will be £250-£500.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?
  • Options
    Really need 2 seats on the coach - annoyingly only returning. 

Are there 100% no more coaches being laid on?
  • Options

Club haven’t said anything about them being sold out as far as I know, but you can’t book. Can only suggest you ring them in the morning.
  • Options
    rambeau said:
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?
    The Lord hath created hip flasks for a reason. 
  • Options

Club haven’t said anything about them being sold out as far as I know, but you can’t book. Can only suggest you ring them in the morning.
    Says coaches sold out on the website.
  • Options
    “The Valley Away service for the game is currently sold out but the club are hopeful that they will be able to put on further services. 

Supporters travelling on a club coach can park their car at The Valley for £3. Click here to purchase your car parking pass” 

This was posted Thursday - on the website- so surely they need to update fan

• Options
    se9addick said:
    rambeau said:
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?
    Malt or blend 😜.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Got to love some of these questions.

How many wheels will the coach have?
    What's the coach drivers name?
    Will they be going up the M1?
    What service station will they be stopping at?
    Well……. How many wheels will the coach have? 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Stewart said:
    Off_it said:
    Got to love some of these questions.

How many wheels will the coach have?
    What's the coach drivers name?
    Will they be going up the M1?
    What service station will they be stopping at?
    Well……. How many wheels will the coach have? 
    More importantly how many wheels does Off it have on his house (only joking mate) 😉
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    rambeau said:
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?
    So, after being told no alcohol allowed on the coach you want to bring alcohol and risk everyone’s trip being turned back….

if people want to drink, get a train. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    rambeau said:
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?
    So, after being told no alcohol allowed on the coach you want to bring alcohol and risk everyone’s trip being turned back….

I am getting the train. I was joking about the hip flask. Calm yourself down. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    rambeau said:
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?

Sorry, not sure why it’s annoying me, I am not even going !! 
  • Options
    Will I need to bring my own toilet paper?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    rambeau said:
    clive said:
    So that’s a no?

Never mind about that Malt or Blend 😜.
  • Options
    Fan advisor on Twitter says no more coaches.