Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coach travel questions - info re Old Trafford bag size limit (p2)

Comments

• Options
    Pleased to get an email from the club today with the coach number.
  • Options
    I haven't had an email regarding the coach, anyone else not had one?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    cabbles said:
    You all don’t realise the carnage that awaits.  You’ve all foolishly gone in without understanding the level of training required to be a big hitter.  You think, oh, I’ll just get the coach there and back, but have you got what it takes? 

We’ll find out 2mo when you day trippers are on here, moaning and crying about the bloke sitting next to you, the delayed departure times and the deep, dark hold that the crushing atmosphere has on you.  

And when it hits you, and you’re looking for a way out, I’ll be here to remind you, you should’ve done more league games to build up to this…..
    I tell you now, I ain't got what it takes.
    If I ever go on the coach they should put a heart monitor on me.
    Burton and Fleetwood  1st time we played them the last couple of times I done the coach.
    I'd rather have me teeth pulled out with pliers.
    7hr 40 minutes to Fleetwood, two stops on the 2nd stop said it will only be 5 minutes.
    Took more than 5 minutes for everyone to get finally set off after 20 minutes. 
    Get to the ground at 2.10 , steward says hold on before you go need to tell you where the pick up point is .
    I was screaming inside.
    At least before Burton I could sink 3 pints before the coach to numb the pain, think that journey was 5 hours.
    Then you get the ones who don't stop talking all the way home.
    Having the coach stuck up my arse would be less painful than the journey.
    Not a fan then mate 😉
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    If the coach leaves Eltham at 12:30 and traffic is reasonable… does anybody have a rough idea of when you’d expect it to arrive at Old Trafford? Assuming it makes a stop on the way 
    This sounds like a 11 plus question! 😂 
    @alanscoachdriver is the man to ask 😁
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    cabbles said:
    You all don’t realise the carnage that awaits.  You’ve all foolishly gone in without understanding the level of training required to be a big hitter.  You think, oh, I’ll just get the coach there and back, but have you got what it takes? 

We’ll find out 2mo when you day trippers are on here, moaning and crying about the bloke sitting next to you, the delayed departure times and the deep, dark hold that the crushing atmosphere has on you.  

And when it hits you, and you’re looking for a way out, I’ll be here to remind you, you should’ve done more league games to build up to this…..
    Burton and Fleetwood  1st time we played them the last couple of times I done the coach.
    7hr 40 minutes to Fleetwood, two stops on the 2nd stop said it will only be 5 minutes.
    Get to the ground at 2.10 , steward says hold on before you go need to tell you where the pick up point is .
    I was screaming inside.
    At least before Burton I could sink 3 pints before the coach to numb the pain, think that journey was 5 hours.
    Not a fan then mate 😉
    It's not my favourite mode of transport 
  • Options
    I mean, at least when I was 18 the coach got us up to Tranmere in time for an episode of Neighbours.
  • Options
    Anyone know if you can leave a bag on the coach whilst the game is going on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    cafc4life said:
    You have always been able to, but obviously at your own risk.
  • Options
    I imagine a lot of people will want to leave bags on board, as OT only allows tiny bags into the stadium, anything larger having to be checked in.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Unless you want to pay United £5, I’d recommend it.

https://www.manutd.com/en/visit-old-trafford/safety
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    cabbles said:

I was screaming inside.
    Just another failed soul.  Only the elite can handle it.  We’re like the marines or the SOS of Charlton fans.  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    There is literally a link on this thread with the pick up points. 

I’m referring to pick up from OT. 
    Usually the coach steward will announce where the pick up point will be once parked up as they usually receive this upon arrival. More often than not it will be the same place where you get dropped off but if in doubt, make a note of the registration number of the coach you're on.
    Sorry Martin but you will never be able to see a reg number.
    Best bet coaches will be showing coach number in window of coach.

Feel sure afew people going up to OT by other means and coming back by coach.
    Make sure Charlton know this or you could have a problem.

Best of luck and safe travel😀
    I meant the number plate on the coach, done it myself before a couple of times before. Going up by car and coming back by train next day.
  • Options
    The coaches are off to a good start at Charlton. They can’t find four of them on the list who have paid bookings, receipts and emails from the club. 
  • Options
    The coaches are off to a good start at Charlton. They can’t find four of them on the list who have paid bookings, receipts and emails from the club. 
    Tbh this is fairly routine stuff with big trips.
  • Options
    pray for Seth
  • Options
    Suppose it’s late bookings etc. I’m 200 miles away but my dad is one of the four who have been sent to the ticket office. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Suppose it’s late bookings etc. I’m 200 miles away but my dad is one of the four who have been sent to the ticket office. 
    Mistakes get made. Just as well they are at Charlton then. Not much good at other pick ups.
  • Options
    6 no shows on our coach from Bexleyheath, could be they are just coming back by coach. Just been told NO stop on the return journey otherwise the drivers will be out of time. Never known that happen ever before with two drivers onboard.
  • Options
    So they were meant to leave at 12.30 and haven’t left yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    If the coach leaves Eltham at 12:30 and traffic is reasonable… does anybody have a rough idea of when you’d expect it to arrive at Old Trafford? Assuming it makes a stop on the way 
    This sounds like a 11 plus question! 😂 
    If it takes one driver 8 hours to drive from Eltham to Manchester how long will it take two drivers?
  • Options
    Mistakes get made. Just as well they are at Charlton then. Not much good at other pick ups.
    Very true. All sorted now and on their way.
  • Options
    6 no shows on our coach from Bexleyheath, could be they are just coming back by coach. Just been told NO stop on the return journey otherwise the drivers will be out of time. Never known that happen ever before with two drivers onboard.

So, while on the road, coach drivers are able to take a break or breaks totalling at least 45 minutes after no more than 4 hours and 30 minutes of driving. Those rest stops at service stations or beauty spots aren’t just for passengers to stretch their legs and go to the loo; they’re a legally required part of the coach driver’s working day! 

On top of that, a coach driver must not work for any longer than 9 hours in one day, 56 hours in one week, or 90 hours in any two consecutive weeks. The coach driver must take a minimum of 11 hours of rest per day and an unbroken rest period of 45 hours in a week.

• Options
    If the coaches are coming out of the yard at Deal that’s an extra 90 minutes or so but I doubt they will be on the road for 18 hours in total. 
  • Options
    If the coaches are coming out of the yard at Deal that’s an extra 90 minutes or so but I doubt they will be on the road for 18 hours in total. 
    Ours has come up from Weymouth.
  • Options
    Last time I went to Old Trafford was near the start of the 98/99 season. We lost 4-1 after going 1-0 up through Mark Kinsella, ended up getting stuck in a massive traffic jam on the M6 after midnight, and the window of our coach got bricked in Shepherds Bush/East Acton (ironically on the same road I ended up living with a couple of my uni mates a year later). Ended up having to get a night bus home from Charlton at 4am. Hopefully tonight's journey back for the coach travellers will be less eventful.