Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prostate Cancer testing at the Valley on 11 February v Fleetwood

2»

Comments

• Options
    This could save your life,take it from me.
  • Options
    It could be the most important ten pounds you will ever spend. Get it done lads.
  • Options
    Got my result today - I have to say incredible turnaround time !!

Anyway, I am ‘green’ and interestingly my test this year is a lower rating than 2022 !!
  • Options

Anyway, I am ‘green’ and interestingly my test this year is a lower rating than 2022 !!
    Exactly the same!  Results back overnight - very efficient and lower than 2022.  Recommending I retest in 2026...
  • Options
    Green result today. Very happy
  • Options

CafcWest said:

Exactly the same!  Results back overnight - very efficient and lower than 2022.  Recommending I retest in 2026...
    cafc999 said:
    Green result today. Very happy
    The best results for Charlton this weekend!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Result came about 2hrs ago,very quick turn around & I’ve got a green too…after being a little nervous…hope everyone gets the same result…🤞🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I ended up getting a home test, as I couldn’t get the booking to connect properly.  The club put a tweet out at the time that the testing at the club had found 11 amber and 19 red test results, although thankfully 396 green lights.  I had to add another red test to that when I took the home test at a reading of 3.53. 

Took a week to get the doctor’s appointment, but that was handled brilliantly and they referred me straight away.  Having been seen on the Monday, I was in the QE last Wednesday for a consultant check, blood and urine samples.  They also give you a coordinator, in my case Teri, who sits you down and talks through the whole process and pulls together your results and lets you know.  I had to go over to Lewisham Hospital later that day for the MRI scan. Takes about 40 minutes, but they pipe in music through your headphones to block out the noise of the scanner (think I was lucky with the choice of Ska/Reggae).

I got the call yesterday from Teri that all the results were back and I was absolutely fine. My reading had come through as 3 and the MRI and other checks were all clear.  I’ll just be checked annually to make sure it stays lower from now on.  

I won’t say it wasn’t a worrying couple of weeks, but the fact that everything was checked so quickly was really reassuring.  Huge thanks to @Tracey for her initiative and the hospital were really impressed when I mentioned it to them too. 

Thank you TJ 
    Great news mate good luck and get that test next time when it’s due 💪💪
  • Options
    Wishing you the best of luck Rick for when the results come back 
  • Options
    Best of luck @RickAddick. Hope you get the all clear soon 🤞🏻
  • Options
    Amazing post @RickAddick and lovely to see it hasn't dampened your sense of humour.
    Best wishes and good luck with your progress.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick Addick and wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    I was diganosed with P/C in 2019 and was given tablets for two nonths then Zoladex injections every twelve weeks.P.S.A was 112 at first the last readinf was
     0.64.I thing I may have another test in July I think the psa test is every year.I was told that Zoladex injections are stoped after five years.Do not know if this
     is true.Is anyone else on Zolodex Hormone treatment.It does make me feel anxious and depressed sometimes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I ended up getting a home test, as I couldn’t get the booking to connect properly.  The club put a tweet out at the time that the testing at the club had found 11 amber and 19 red test results, although thankfully 396 green lights.  I had to add another red test to that when I took the home test at a reading of 3.53. 

Took a week to get the doctor’s appointment, but that was handled brilliantly and they referred me straight away.  Having been seen on the Monday, I was in the QE last Wednesday for a consultant check, blood and urine samples.  They also give you a coordinator, in my case Teri, who sits you down and talks through the whole process and pulls together your results and lets you know.  I had to go over to Lewisham Hospital later that day for the MRI scan. Takes about 40 minutes, but they pipe in music through your headphones to block out the noise of the scanner (think I was lucky with the choice of Ska/Reggae).

I got the call yesterday from Teri that all the results were back and I was absolutely fine. My reading had come through as 3 and the MRI and other checks were all clear.  I’ll just be checked annually to make sure it stays lower from now on.  

I won’t say it wasn’t a worrying couple of weeks, but the fact that everything was checked so quickly was really reassuring.  Huge thanks to @Tracey for her initiative and the hospital were really impressed when I mentioned it to them too. 

Thank you TJ 
    Great to hear that it was all ok and to hear your experience. It’s fantastic the NHS are being so quick  now on taking men’s health seriously.