Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 7th January 2023 - 3pm KO

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    And we're done. Another 3 points. Grinding out results as we should have been all season.
  • Options
    ridiculous amount of time added
  • Options
    Fraser and Dobbo having a disagreement at the end.
  • Options
    Throwing it down here in Swanley.

Hope you all have a safe journey home. 
  • Options
    How did we turn comfortably in control into Squeaky Bum Time?

• Options
    Relieved in Sweden. Skol to all. 
  • Options
    So so lucky at the end.

• Options
    FT 2-1, Should have been out of sight and never even given them a sniff, but a well fought win just the same with a couple of cracking goals...
  • Options
    Ffs, the usual Charlton capitulation on 75 minutes, just cannot sustain dominance for full game can we.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The consistency of our inconsistently strikes again and that second half was not good enough for me. 

Momentum can play such a big part in football, and our inability to keep clean sheets is a real
    issue.

Least we won’t get relegated, but to push towards play offs it has to change. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the updates, it's never less than nerve wracking when we're in with a chance of points towards the end of a game...
  • Options
    Thanks for all the commentaries
  • Options
    Two games running we've won when I wasn't there...
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Ffs, the usual Charlton capitulation on 75 minutes, just cannot sustain dominance for full game can we.
    It's because Albie Morgan was subbed  ;)

• Options
    Two games running we've won when I wasn't there...
    Stay away! 
  • Options
    The consistency of our inconsistently strikes again and that second half was not good enough for me. 

Momentum can play such a big part in football, and our inability to keep clean sheets is a real
    issue.

The consistency of our inconsistency sums us up, we are an average league one side that win a few and lose a few and repeat. This side does not have a ten game unbeaten run in them
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Jayajosh said:

If anything, JFC for Morgan would have been a better replacement 
  • Options

issue.

The consistency of our inconsistency sums us up, we are an average league one side that win a few and lose a few and repeat. This side does not have a ten game unbeaten run in them
    We are certainly average, but I’m not sure if an average team is as good as us when we are good. And we can be quiet good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Thought for sure that last kick was in. We massively dodged a bullet and yet fully deserved to win. It's about time something went our way. Good performance. We cut through them going forward. Defending still needs work but we defended higher up the pitch today as a result of pressing, and as such  Ness and Inniss spent most of the day defending with their back to their own goal, which both are better at than defending facing their own goal. O'Connell coming back will also be a real boost to the defense.

Good three points. Up to the top half of the table I believe. That's where this team should be. A couple of depth pieces and a couple of improvements in quality to what we already have in the January window and who knows...

Good performance. This team finally feels like it's starting to come together. Many good performances, but JRS gave them nightmares down the right, CBT dangerous down the left and scored a great goal, Albie put in a shift as did Dobbo, Ness looked surprisingly solid, and Fraser is class.

I'm going to try to rearrange meetings so I can watch the match on Tuesday live. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Jayajosh said:

If anything, JFC for Morgan would have been a better replacement 
    Agreed, but I was having a wink  ;)

• Options
    5 minutes past 5 and BBC were still showing it as a latest score!!
    Very scary!
  • Options
    Win against Barnsley next weekend and we’re likely six points off the playoffs.
  • Options
    Well 3 points even if tense! Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Win against Barnsley next weekend and we’re likely six points off the playoffs.
    HMS Piss The League .......; erm. :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, over to the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!