Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Edging.

Looking to make some changes in the garden this spring. Thinking of using something a little more contemporary, like this stuff.

Anyone else using this sort of thing to hold back the tide as it were?

Comments

• Options
    I have used something similar and made of metal and it was very good. Just make sure you get the height correct allowing for a lawnmower 
  • Options
    That right put me off my stroke. Will have to start again......and again....and again.

https://youtu.be/51oPKLSuyQY

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Avoid the plastic stuff and the cheap roll of thin aluminium you get from B&Q.
     The cheap metal roll can also have sharp edges and you can easily cut yourself if you rub the rim.

Decent stuff is quite costly… I’ve been pondering it myself for a few years… this product is used by many pros and at Chelsea FS. A number of different finishes, including rusty, which is very on trend.

https://www.everedge.co.uk/product/classic/
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    They call it rimming these days. Go into any garden centre and ask for advice on rimming. 
    No need, may as well ask you for the details on here.
  • Options
    Bugger I thought this was a skiing thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised Mehmet isn't up yet!
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Surprised Mehmet isn't up yet!
    Too much info
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Davo55 said:
    They call it rimming these days. Go into any garden centre and ask for advice on rimming. 
    Rimming is very different to edging, although one could be used in conjunction with the other I believe. Either way the person at the garden centre will be happy to explain I am sure. 
    I'd ask for a demonstration. 
  • Options
    Hopefully from a female assistant.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    It's 2023 now so anything goes.
    🤔🤔
  • Options
    Damn, came on here thinking I'd find a rare overlap of niche interests.

I've recently installed Everedge and pleased with it.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Depends on your gender and inclination, surely?
  • Options
    Cockney edging?

Hedge Pictures  Download Free Images on Unsplash
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was me thinking it was a thread about James Vince or Zak wafting outside the off stump