Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne - now at Gillingham (p27)

Comments

• Options
    Macauley wants to better himself so does us a favour by signing for QPR for £2 million and gets a nice signing on fee. What was wrong with that?
    Now has to eat humble pie as he made some silly comments but if he starts banging in goals it will soon be forgotten. 
  • Options
    6 months will mean he will leave it all out there trying to win a contract somewhere when this one is up
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Presumably this means that Conor Wickham aint coming to us then?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Not necessarily - If Stockley leaves as rumoured, we'll still need one more Striker
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Not necessarily - If Stockley leaves as rumoured, we'll still need one more Striker

Fingers crossed. I can see goals from both of them.
  • Options
    Hope he is fit and stays fit and is always available for consideration.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I am fine with this.

If someone said we were getting a striker who scored double figure goals in the championship and then league one in recent seasons - as well as a bag full at National League level previously - I couldn't see how that would not improve the squad.

Of course, he said some rubbish on social media, as did those around him like his agent. But now he has until the end of this season to prove himself, and get the fans on board, and if he is crap, we can get rid and it is likely he will fade into obscurity. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The big reservation is for many years we've had a group of players who don’t look committed to the shirt.
    Now we’ve re-signed one who was disrespectful at worst when he left/didn’t sign in the summer.
    I get some people having reservations.
    But this is life in League 1. Grim. 
  • Options
    Never heard of the bloke
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Lyle next  :dizzy:
    totally different situation - i would never accept him back - that would be wrong 
    I'd welcome Taylor back with open arms. He didn't have an issue with the fans or the club as such. There is only one person to blame for what happened and that's the snidey thief Southall. 
    Must have had issue with Bowyer as well, as thats who he refused to play for
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Give it a couple of months and some good perfomances/goals, and the mood against will no doubt change to " get him signed up on a proper contract"...really hope it all works out for everyone.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    totally different situation - i would never accept him back - that would be wrong 
    I'd welcome Taylor back with open arms. He didn't have an issue with the fans or the club as such. There is only one person to blame for what happened and that's the snidey thief Southall. 
    Didn't he go on loan to Birmingham when Bows was their manager?
  • Options
    Bloody hell we can only afford his wages till end of season. We are skint. 
  • Options
    I hope he does well and doesnt lose his head, his stats are pretty good and we can build over him in the Summer.
  • Options
    Welcome back. Can't wait to see him miss a couple of sitters and eat jaffa cakes on the bench.
  • Options
    Decent signing IMO. Agree with those who say we’re not going to get much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    DOUCHER said:
    We had all our resources ploughed into him as iour centre forward and he wouldn't play and as a result we were relegated - i get all the mitigating circumstances but that is all that matters - his choice and its very clear to me what he did - no way back.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    if we had signed him in the summer i'm pretty sure we would be a lot further up the table than we currently are - the bloke is mobile, isn't injury prone and has an eye for goal - other than leaburn, none of our other forwards tick all them boxes  
    Give it 5 minutes...
  • Options
    Probably in the minority here but would have liked a 18 month contract.
  • Options
    Decent signing for now. If he does well we give him a contract or look for better options in the summer. 
  • Options
    Bring back Taylor 👍
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Southall had gone when he refused to play for us. He let the club and the fans down and I’d never want him back 
  • Options
    Bloody hell we can only afford his wages till end of season. We are skint. 
    If you book a weekend away does that mean you are skint & can't afford a 2 week holiday?