Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allez Allez: And Now We've got Dean Holden

edited January 2023 in General Charlton
Being part of the Old Trafford massive on Tuesday was awe inspiring. It was the best atmosphere since Wembley 2019. That 2019 play off run was really inspired by the Allez Allez song that ramped up the atmosphere at the Valley. It got me thinking about Tuesday. At Old Trafford we went through our song book, but missed out Allez Allez. It's kind of disappeared like our form in recent times.

It disappeared when JJ took over because his name didn't scan to it. Then results have been so poor its never seemed the right song to sing. I think after Tuesday, ' And now we've got Dean Holden' needs to be tried out.

I read the Athletic article and have seen his interviews and really like him. I think he deserves to slot into Allez Allez and who knows the song might just drive us up the table! Let's hope the Covered End Choir can revive it for Barnsley tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    Suspect the issue is more to do with the "reds are going up" bit rather than the name of the manager. 
    Win another couple on the bounce, and it’ll be more feasible. 👍
  • Options
    “Now Jacko is our leader” was sung for a bit when he first took over and we were doing well. Was sung for Garner at the start of this season when we were around the play offs. As others have said it’s more about the “reds are going up”bit as a reason its not sung often at the moment
  • Options
    I am sure the Manchester United supporting manager would love us to rip off a Liverpool (yes I know they nicked, typical :open_mouth:) song.

How about Holden's at the wheel?

Even better yet something actually original? 
  • Options
    Support was brilliant at OT, but it also shone a light on just how desperate and unoriginal our songbook is apart from VFR (sung too fast anyway). 

Allez Allez Allez is one of the worst offenders, but all of our chants are sung by every lower league fanbase going. 

It would be great to connect some of the best original ideas on here, Twitter etc to the drummers and main singers, but it's not the easiest thing to coordinate. 
  • Options
    Someone's gone early with the Holden love in
  • Options
    yippee yi aye yippee yi yo was an original wasn’t it? Although Villa did something similar 
  • Options
    Point taken on unoriginal songs but when you need the whole crowd singing you need ones everyone knows.  Allez fits with that and made a difference in 2019
  • Options
    'Woke up this morning feeling fine' song is a much better fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's inspired Seth.  If only the drummer could get that going.  All aboard the Holden bandwagon..what have we got to lose?
  • Options
    Was sung on the concourse at OT …. I sang “ the reds are on the up”
  • Options
    There you go. It would be good to carry some of that OT atmosphere to the Valley tomorrow.
  • Options
    It’s definitely been sung when we’ve been no where near going up or when we’ve looked like going down. I preferred the original “In 1947” line, rather than “Sam Bartram/Jimmy Seed”.
  • Options
    Didn't know about the 1947 line.
  • Options
    Charlton fans are on a bender (keep your sexual preferences to yourselves thank you) 
    Mason Greenwood's a sex offender (allegedly)
  • Options
    Most teams have one unique anthem, the rest are all copies from somewhere.
  • Options
    Being part of the Old Trafford massive on Tuesday was awe inspiring. It was the best atmosphere since Wembley 2019. That 2019 play off run was really inspired by the Allez Allez song that ramped up the atmosphere at the Valley. It got me thinking about Tuesday. At Old Trafford we went through our song book, but missed out Allez Allez. It's kind of disappeared like our form in recent times.

It disappeared when JJ took over because his name didn't scan to it. Then results have been so poor its never seemed the right song to sing. I think after Tuesday, ' And now we've got Dean Holden' needs to be tried out.

I read the Athletic article and have seen his interviews and really like him. I think he deserves to slot into Allez Allez and who knows the song might just drive us up the table! Let's hope the Covered End Choir can revive it for Barnsley tomorrow.
    I heard Allez on the concourse before kick-off
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Was sung on the concourse at OT …. I sang “ the reds are on the up”
    And now we've got Dean Holden, the reds are on the up............

Perfect 👍❤️
  • Options
    Before the game lots of goodbye horse, sadly only recall a brief rendition during the game. Still think one of our best original/classic songs ever when sung repeatedly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how about ‘the reds are staying up’
  • Options
    Definitely think a Sally Cinnamon rendition of the Stone Roses classic but replacing Sally with Deano.  
  • Options
    Charlton fans are on a bender (keep your sexual preferences to yourselves thank you) 
    Mason Greenwood's a sex offender (allegedly)
    Shakespearean.
  • Options
    Winds me up when everyone says Ole instead of Allez. Our fans aren’t cultured enough for this song sack it off