Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

House Clearance

I have a couple of old double beds to get rid of, can't do it myself so need to get someone in. Anyone have any idea of cost including the waste disposal cost.
Thanks

Comments

• Council normally do a collection service, if that helps
  • I have a couple of old double beds to get rid of, can't do it myself so need to get someone in. Anyone have any idea of cost including the waste disposal cost.
    Thanks
    Have a word with Andy Scott and Steve Gallen. They've got some experience of getting rid of old rubbish.
  • Lewisham council charge £15-25 for 3 items so brake the bed down to one.
  • Or if it’s all wood nice big garden fire one night 
  • Council normally do a collection service, if that helps
    Thanks yes they do but won't take the mattresses, plus you have to leave the items outside & I can't get the beds down the stairs.
  • cazo said:
    Lewisham council charge £15-25 for 3 items so brake the bed down to one.
    £15-25 ? I'm not in Lewisham but Bexley charge about £79 for three items but again you have to leave them outside
  • charities in my experience always are looking for beds, provided they are not TOO old 
  • Davo55 said:
    I have a couple of old double beds to get rid of, can't do it myself so need to get someone in. Anyone have any idea of cost including the waste disposal cost.
    Thanks
    Have a word with Andy Scott and Steve Gallen. They've got some experience of getting rid of old rubbish.
    Problem with Gallen is that he'll take the beds and leave a couple of rotting wardrobe's in their place. 
  • You could try Michael Taylor 07501698459.
    Usually works Bromley area. 
  • Or Charles Wilson 07719669860.

I never pay in advance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Martin Stewart 07947243545
  • Freecycle. Save them from the dump and get someone else to do the work of moving them for you

• Try a charity, British Heart Foundation have collected stuff from me in the past.
  • No fire safety cert so no charity etc will be interested. 
  • Where are they Bob?
  • Where are they Bob?
    the bedroom
    Haha was going to say that except the mattresses are in the dining room  :D
  • Where are they Bob?
    Welling
  • British Heart Foundation. 
  • Move to Plumstead and dump them on the nearest corner, that’s what most people around her do with impunity 😡
  • Sponsored links:

• I chopped one up with a saw once and put it in communal rubbish. The mattress I had to cart off to Thames road recycle centre with the help of a friend.
  • Where are they Bob?
    Welling
    Try Caroline on 07935 522775
    She is licenced.
  • Thanks all, just found out Bexley Council will take mattresses, just gotta get the bases down the stairs. They can fly down the stairs just gotta try & manoeuvre them around the bloody banister.
  • I chopped one up with a saw once and put it in communal rubbish. The mattress I had to cart off to Thames road recycle centre with the help of a friend.
    Yup did that with the sofa & double wardrobe is next on the list, would give it away but it's damaged. A mate has a circular saw which scares the shit out of me but is very effective.
  • Davo55 said:
    Thanks

Problem is he will come back to find the bed gone and replaced by his old bed from 1986.
  • Big thanks to swords_alive (I don't know him/her) who messaged me to offer to come & give me help to finish clearing the house. Unbelievable gesture, fortunately I'm just about done. 
    Yup did that with the sofa & double wardrobe is next on the list, would give it away but it's damaged. A mate has a circular saw which scares the shit out of me but is very effective.
    Get a recip saw. Recreate a horror film with one of those.
  • Keep saying 'let's play a game' while using it.