Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foxy’s Takeover Catch-Up Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Foxy and I hope the exams went well. CL has an aging memberships with a lack of legs now and you are like a young Zach Mitchell compared to too many Ben Watson's who are yesterday's men.

I appreciate your Foxy's Take-over thread; may some positive news come to your Den soon.
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Good luck Foxy and I hope the exams went well. CL has an aging memberships with a lack of legs now and you are like a young Zach Mitchell compared to too many Ben Watson's who are yesterday's men.

I appreciate your Foxy's Take-over thread; may some positive news come to your Den soon.
    Watson scored a 90+ minute winner in an FA Cup final giant-killing, you should know your worth!

The problem was, Ben Watson had a good career including that late winner for Wigan against Man City in the FA cup final 10 years ago BUT by the time Watson arrived at Cafc, he could only play walking football !
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Fucking smashed the English Literature exam, I was terrified, but it’s the best I’ve ever done in an English exam

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

Now get back to your day job 👏
  • Options
    Good luck with the exams @Foxycafc and thanks for the update to your thread.
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:

Anyway only a few exams left but I imagine it will be done when I get back

Hope the exams are going well - good luck for the rest of them.
  • Options
    To give a bit more detail on today's developments, at 9:45 this morning, the CAFCOfficial twitter account tweeted out the following:
    https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial/status/1665640853681889281
    "🗞 Charlton Athletic can confirm that a deal has been agreed for SE7 Partners to purchase the football club."
    🔴⚪ #cafc
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/se7-partners-agree-deal-purchase-club"
    The text of the statement is as follows:

Charlton Athletic can confirm that a deal has been agreed for SE7 Partners to purchase the football club.

A share purchase agreement (SPA) has been signed by the club's current owner Thomas Sandgaard and SE7 Partners. The club and SE7 Partners will work with the EFL to meet its requirements before approval for the takeover is granted.

The club’s CEO Peter Storrie said: “A deal has been agreed and a share purchase agreement has been signed by Thomas Sandgaard and SE7 Partners. We’ll now work with SE7 Partners and the EFL to meet the league requirements, which is a process that can take some time.

“In the meantime, the day-to-day running of the club will not be impacted. Our preparation and recruitment for the 2023/24 season is well under way. We have our targets for our men’s team and our women’s team. Led by Dean Holden and Karen Hills, those plans continue to progress and will not be halted while we await the approval. The aim is to put the club in the best position to achieve our targets for next season - a top-six finish for the men’s team and further progression for the women’s team.”

The club and SE7 Partners group will communicate with supporters as soon as the takeover is complete.

However, this may not be quick or totally straightforward, as Richard Cawley reports on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1665641679079067649
    "#cafc have confirmed SPA. EFL approval likely to take a number of weeks - maybe between six to eight. Joshua Friedman's takeover party also need to get a lease agreement for Valley and training ground sanctioned by Roland Duchatelet."
    and @Airman Brown explains one source of complication:
    https://twitter.com/airmanbrown/status/1665659440865980417
    "“Sanctioned by Roland Duchatelet” - what could possibly go wrong? Last time this was required it led to a 150% rent increase…
    The lease will have to be amended because Sandgaard’s US firm is explicitly named in it as the guarantor."
    I'm going to close this thread for the moment, so we don't end up with discussion going on in two places at once. @Foxycafc I hope the exams are going well, and if things are still dragging on by the time you're done, which isn't that unlikely, give us a shout to re-open it when you want to do some more updates.
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Foxycafc said:
    Chizz said:
    12:06 - Charlton Life 
    Do we really need 6 posts quoting posters on another forum?

hilarious
    Do you mind? It's comments like this that clog up the thread.
    Classic Charlton Life banter; makes me want to put my head through a wall
    Will the wall get its own thread?