Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Green Rovers v Charlton - In Depth Match Preview + Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Kilkenny, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Aneke, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Wollacott, Hector, Penney, Morgan, Payne, Campbell, Bonne

• Options
    Most will be happy, Penney and Bonne on bench
  • Options
    Aneke starts.  Wow
  • Options
    Still got time to injure his self 
  • Options
    Anneke due to start but needs to get through the warm up first so let's wait and see.
  • Options
    For those making a late decision on paying for the stream on Charlton TV the show starts at 7.00pm (ko 7.45) with Scotty, Brownie and Curbs in the studio. COYRs
  • Options
    I like it that Holden is brave/sensible enough to drop players when they have been awful in the previous match. 

Can Chuks get through to the second half? Heart hopes so but head says no!

COYA!
  • Options
    Kilkenny needs to improve on his Saturday performance. He was pretty anonymous. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I thought Holden said Leaburn's injury was incredibly minor? 

Bonne hasn't done much to deserve keeping his spot so glad Aneke is in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aneke usually less effective from the start, never mind the lingering fitness concerns, but he can't do less than Bonne has managed so far. Fingers crossed Aneke has an impact. Sess back in is good news, although I've been hoping to see him on his natural side instead of the erratic Clare, but Penney hasn't done enough to justify starting, plus presumably he's not 100%.

Personally, I'd have been tempted to swap Morgan for Kilkenny. I'm a bit of a Morgan apologist, I know, but Kilkenny looked flat on Saturday and after no games for best part of a year 3 in a week is asking a lot and I think it'd be better if he is fresher for Derby where we can expect to be defending a lot.
  • Options
    Kilkenny needs to improve on his Saturday performance. He was pretty anonymous. 
    Saturday was only his second game, started well in his first appearance, so let's just give him a couple more games before hanging him out...
  • Options
    Think this is gonna be a boring one that ends in a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    Not sure how long Aneke will last, but bold move. He looked knackered after about 10 minutes on Saturday. I hope the medics have an oxygen supply handy for him! Seriously, I hope he proves us doubters wrong. I would love to see a fit Chuks (if such a thing is possible).

Good news about Inniss. Also good that the full backs have recovered.

I think we may scrape a win with that team, but much depends on fitness/injury worries. 2-1 to the Addicks.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Anneke due to start but needs to get through the warm up first so let's wait and see.
    Don't! :)
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Good shout 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Like the lineup. If Chuks and Sess don’t break down I think we’ll win this. 1-2

PS I never get these prediction right. 
  • Options
    Very amusing watching Curbs trying to identify vegan food.

He's clearly not a fan!
  • Options
    0- 2 to us with that line up

Cheat code and Inniss scorers, Ryan runs the full length of the pitch in celebration clotheslining the entire FGR team before ripping his shirt to unveil a "that was for you my @Leuth XX" valentines day celebration special. 

• Options
    Charlie Savage (Robbie's Son) on loan from Man Utd is on the bench for FGR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with starting with Aneke and Sess, as this to me is a game we have to go for, as we have a run if tough games to follow 
  • Options
  • Options
    Nice to catch up with Dobson interview, looking forward to putting right Saturdays debacle, this is when we need your leadership Dobbo, so get them geed up for it, and of course good news re the extension takeup, and hoping to be here for years to come, so get him signed up for a decent contract...whoever is in charge..✅
  • Options
    Bloody hell what a dodgy kit FGR are playing in...🤢
  • Options
    OK nearly kick off. Will my broadband hold up tonight....
  • Options
    Surprised Aneke is starting, shame Leaburn isn't back yet, COYA!
  • Options
    I just hope Holden's medical team are better than Jacko's, Adkins & Garner's. All tried staring with Aneke & most failed to last more than 60 mins, with the result that he usually didnt score & didn't have much impact on the game. But when the only other option is Bonne I suppose you have to try something else.

3-1 to the herbivores. 
  • Options
    Great respect to the 800 travelling Addicks.. respect to one and all
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!