Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: FOREST GREEN ROVERS 0-1 CHARLTON ATHLETIC

thanks to the 45 Lifers who gave marks

I have given the assist to Fraser as he touched on the cross towards B-T

Comments

• Options
    Lucas Ness second again. Outfield MotM at least.
  • Options
    2nd = !
  • Options
    Bonne below Chuks is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Why? Chuks put the ball on a plate for Rak-Sakyi.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Is it unusual for a GK to be MoM when the opposition only had one shot on target?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Is it unusual for a GK to me MoM when the opposition only had one shot on target?
    Yeah I don’t really get it. AMB made 1 amazing save but because it was at the end I guess it sticks in people’s memory more. He did claim a few crosses but his kicking was quite poor all night so I wouldn’t have had him as a Motm candidate. Rak-Sakyi, Clare or Ness would have been better shouts imo 
  • Options
    Both strikers being ranked at the bottom. Same as last Saturday. We really know how to find crap strikers dont we. Even in our play off winning season we signed a striker who didnt score for the half season he was with us. Then the next season we signed another striker on loan (Hemed) who couldn't find the back of the net. Does my head in. 
  • Options
    Clare played well because he was attacking and didn't have to think. He usually does well when he doesn't have to defend. 
    It's his defending that is very poor. 
  • Options
    In fairness WhoScored rankings are also a bit sketchy, they have Craig MacG as a much higher rating goalkeeper this season over both AMB and Wollacott and I’m not sure where they’ve got that from considering his performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Clare is an erratic defender but because he has pace he did get back and made a last ditch tackle. Sean Clare's main strength are his pace and his ability to charge forward with the ball. He should be ideal as the water carrier in midfield but agree he can make crazy decisions at times. The first 15 minutes at old Trafford was Sean at his worse but TBF he did recover.
    Sean has benefitted from the curse of the full backs at Cafc and has been available for selection; where ever ! 

• Options
    Both strikers being ranked at the bottom. Same as last Saturday. We really know how to find crap strikers dont we. Even in our play off winning season we signed a striker who didnt score for the half season he was with us. Then the next season we signed another striker on loan (Hemed) who couldn't find the back of the net. Does my head in. 
    The system we play (both under Garner and Holden) leaves the central striker extremely isolated at times. Either a winger needs to tuck in more or midfield get further forward.