Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: DERBY COUNTY 2-0 CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Thanks to the 44 who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    The assist table bothers me. Payne still top although a few cup games, but Rak-Sakyi low down. If the assists are low, that tells you everything, why we do not get more scoring chances 
  • Options
    I’m glad Ness is getting recognition. 
    He is going to be special, let’s hope we hold on to him for as long as possible. 
  • Options
    I’m glad Ness is getting recognition. 
    He is going to be special, let’s hope we hold on to him for as long as possible. 
    Should have a big future, hopefully some of it with us. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    ross1 said:
    The assist table bothers me. Payne still top although a few cup games, but Rak-Sakyi low down. If the assists are low, that tells you everything, why we do not get more scoring chances 
    I agree, I got shot down in flames when I said it but I find JRS a frustrating player, scores us goals, misses a lot of sitters and as a winger offers little in the way of assists.  I know he is learning his trade and good luck to the lad but he is a long way off of breaking into a top team.

That's why Rak Sakyi is at a mid table League 1 side at the moment. Look at the positives not the negatives. 
    I hate to think where cafc would be in the table without his goals ?

Most wide forwards or wingers that find their selves in goal scoring positions in a central area miss more than they score.

• Options
    Concerning my above comment, I was not moaning at Rak- Sakyi, just making a point that everyone expects the wingers to make most assists with crosses, but is not their game. I am pleased with his performances for us, but we need assists from midfield and it is not happening 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I agree, I got shot down in flames when I said it but I find JRS a frustrating player, scores us goals, misses a lot of sitters and as a winger offers little in the way of assists.  I know he is learning his trade and good luck to the lad but he is a long way off of breaking into a top team.
    He's very much a wildcard individual, who's main contribution will be through unpredictable bits of individual brilliance, rather than the conventional up and down the line getting crosses into the box, type of winger that centre forwards love.

I imagine that him and Egbo would be a good combination, as Egbo could provide the conventional width.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    He is of course young and learning and will and has made plenty of mistakes but he’s getting in good  positions and when the people you’re setting up miss sitters as well,  Leaburn missed two at Pompey and Oxford set up by Rak Sakyi off the top of my head , then it’s gonna make him look worse on the stats account .
    He will be playing a division above for a reason next year because he is much too good for where we are currently.
    Easily our most attacking threat this season and I think a toss up between him and Dobbo as our most important player this season.
    Which is brilliant when you consider what a shithouse football team we are for a youngster to be playing his first professional full season in .
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    If you mean a good Prem side I agree, but I expect he’ll be on loan in the Championship next season and he’s shown enough to think he’ll score goals at that level too.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That's why Rak Sakyi is at a mid table League 1 side at the moment. Look at the positives not the negatives. 
    I hate to think where cafc would be in the table without his goals ?

Most wide forwards or wingers that find their selves in goal scoring positions in a central area miss more than they score.

He is one of the few Charlton players who has scored on or slightly above the amount you would hope from him. I'd say CBT is another despite scoring a few less. Then you look beyond that and the problem jumps out at you. It wouldn't pass me by if I was an opposing manager, I would know what I had to stop. And if I know it, I'm sure even the bang average managers we set up against know it. The problem is how do you solve it?