Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez current value?

2»

Comments

• Options
    He needs a fresh start at a new club. Not to say that he'd get back to the level when him and Van Dijk first played together but can't imagine Liverpool's overall form at the moment is helping a player clearly lacking confidence. A drop down to a lesser team where expectations aren't as high. Just not the Nigels.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Could see him at a club like Villa or Palace, operating at a similar level to Tyrone Mings. 

This will sound very controversial - but I personally never thought he was anywhere near as good as a lot of people made out. 
    I think he was very good, but it was also how good he could be - he was starting and  playing well for a side chasing the title, playing in a CL final, playing for England etc at a young age for a defender.

There were plenty of reasons to think he could have been a starting England centre back for a decade.
    It’s definitely a bit of a blow for England that he hasn’t progressed as hoped. I imagine both  Stones and Maguire have a maximum of 1-2 tournaments left, and there aren’t many other center backs of that calibre in contention. 
  • Options
    I reckon he's worth £10-15m in today's market but Liverpool always seem to manage to get huge fees for their players. Such a shame that injuries have taken him from being touted as a future England captain to being a squad player. 
  • Options
    He could have done better for 4/5 of those goals, and not playing well in recent PL matches if my memory serves me well.
    However valuations in PL are in millions so any small % of that is free money for us. Be grateful for small mercies
    Just watched the highlights and to try to blame him for 4 of those goals is ridiculous. You do realise that there are other players in a red shirt don't you?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Could see him at a club like Villa or Palace, operating at a similar level to Tyrone Mings. 

This will sound very controversial - but I personally never thought he was anywhere near as good as a lot of people made out. 
    I think he was very good, but it was also how good he could be - he was starting and  playing well for a side chasing the title, playing in a CL final, playing for England etc at a young age for a defender.

There were plenty of reasons to think he could have been a starting England centre back for a decade.
    It’s definitely a bit of a blow for England that he hasn’t progressed as hoped. I imagine both  Stones and Maguire have a maximum of 1-2 tournaments left, and there aren’t many other center backs of that calibre in contention. 
    It's funny how it goes in cycles - best position for years and couldn't buy a left winger etc, now it's probably our weakest.

Tomori maybe could be in with a shout, and apparently Harwood-Bellis is doing well on loan at Burnley from City, but who knows.
  • Options
    Gomez isn't playing well but the protection for the back four is virtually non existent these days. Many players go through a dip in form and confidence and he can probably take a bit of comfort from the career of John Stones who went from an equally promising CB to accident waiting to happen to fixture in our World Cup side. Stones, at 28, is three years older too and he had the likes of Mings and Keane ahead of him at the same age. 
  • Options
    Had a shocker last night !
  • Options
    Gomez isn't playing well but the protection for the back four is virtually non existent these days. Many players go through a dip in form and confidence and he can probably take a bit of comfort from the career of John Stones who went from an equally promising CB to accident waiting to happen to fixture in our World Cup side. Stones, at 28, is three years older too and he had the likes of Mings and Keane ahead of him at the same age. 
    It’s a similar problem to Leeds. Persisting with the high press despite having zero protection behind them. 
  • Options
    He could have done better for 4/5 of those goals, and not playing well in recent PL matches if my memory serves me well.
    However valuations in PL are in millions so any small % of that is free money for us. Be grateful for small mercies
    Just watched the highlights and to try to blame him for 4 of those goals is ridiculous. You do realise that there are other players in a red shirt don't you?
    He was definitely responsible for two….and possibly the bullet header.
    I wouldn’t apportion blame to him for the deflection though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never settled at Liverpool and he's nowhere near as good as a lot on here reckon .. if the Scousers are offered anywhere near £5 Million, shake hands on that immediately
  • Options
    Madness that despite his injury record they gave him a new 5 year contract just last summer.
    he must have the same agents as Aneke
  • Options
    £5m? 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    He's a 20-30m player in today's market, couple of years ago you'd have been looking at 60m+ to even get Liverpool to consider it
  • Options
    never settled at Liverpool and he's nowhere near as good as a lot on here reckon .. if the Scousers are offered anywhere near £5 Million, shake hands on that immediately
    Lincs…..I usually agree with your posts but am completely at odds with this one, from all respects.🤔
  • Options
    20m max i reckon 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    as I typed above, a lot on here have a grossly overrated view of a very ordinary, injury prone, unreliable defender .. if I were a prem manager or D O F looking for a good defender to really strengthen my first team, Gomez would be well down my list of possibilities .. as a squad player ? perhaps 4/5 million very tops ..
     'one of our own' (for just 21 games) and all that, who left us 7/8 years ago .. nostalgia still rules OK
  • Options
    Come back Joe. Spearhead our league one midtable push next season 
  • Options
    Transfermarkt has him valued at €30m right now, which I'd say is about right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be surprised if he went for more than 20 million and lucky to get that. His value is plummeting every month. Same can be said about Trent Alexander Arnold  ( although he would fetch more ). Both careers not only stalled but gone backwards.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Wow

just wow

was absolutely world class a couple of years ago with VVD but is the scapegoat now because nobody dares to speak out against the big Dutchman 
    Out of form and needs a move but to suggest he would only cost £5m is lunacy
     He's a great player. He's a lot better than some give him credit for, but his injuries have taken their toll.

He sometimes seems unsure of whether he should get a foot in on challenges now. 

He's still a £10m+ defender.
  • Options
    A good baller yes, but defensively he's lost his way, which in his position is ultimately what matters.
  • Options
    £20-25M. Needs to go and rebuild his career.  If he stays injury free then at 25 he still has a chance to get his magic back and be an outstanding player again.
  • Options
    Mo Salah and Trent abandoning any idea of defending down the right hand side gives him absolutely no cover versus one of the World's best attacking talents.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Mo Salah and Trent abandoning any idea of defending down the right hand side gives him absolutely no cover versus one of the World's best attacking talents.
    Can't be the excuse for him every game this season though can it? He's been average at best this season, alongside his defensive colleagues, and because of that they are staring at being out of silverware contention before February is up 
  • Options
    I reckon he has lost some value and will go for about £10 to £15m. I'm sure Klopp will get rid.