Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD ; Charlton Athletic V Sheffield Wednesday ; Saturday 25th February 2023 ; KO 3.00Pm

Miles Leaburn returns to the starting line-up✅, and replaces Macauley Bonne in the starting XI.

Ryan Inniss and Gavin Kilkenny also return as Dean Holden makes three changes from the team that faced Derby County last weekend, with Albie Morgan and Steven Sessegnon also moving to the bench.

It likely means a change of shape, moving from a 4-3-3 to either a 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1. Either way, Inniss, Michael Hector and Lucas Ness will make up a back three in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Sean Clare and Corey Blackett-Taylor are expected to operate as wing-backs with Kilkenny and skipper George Dobson in central midfield. Scott Fraser may join the duo in midfield or may play ahead of them, with the in-form Jes Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn likely to make up a front two.

Morgan and Sessegnon are joined on the bench by Joe Wollacott, Jack Payne, Aaron Henry and Chuks Aneke.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Hector, Inniss, Ness; Clare, Dobson (c), Kilkenny, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn

Substitutes: Wollacott, Sessegnon, Henry, Morgan, Payne, Bonne, Aneke

Sticky please Mods..

Comments

• Options
    Cant quite figure out how we will be lining up from that 11

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Cant quite figure out how we will be lining up from that 11

I'm thinking Holden doesn't know either.
  • Options
    Clearly starting with a 3-5-2 and with the change to 4-4-2 with Sess on the bench if and when required
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Not that the 4-3-3 would have worked, but with the personnel at our disposal I’d much rather we went 3-4-3 if we wanted 3 CBs.

Least that keeps our two best attacking options in there best position.  
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Should be a red hot atmosphere today with a well sold out Wendy's end, and looking forward to this one with relish..let's just hope we turn up for this one..
    Also should be interesting in the studio with Stuart Balmer giving us some varied input i am sure.. ;)
  • Options
    I've got a very very very bad feeling about this one. Still tempted to buy and watch the stream though 
  • Options
    Honeymoon period is over, now we’re into the “don’t know what my best XI is/square pegs in round holes period”. 

Deja vu. 
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer
    Inniss - Hector - Ness
    Clare - Kilkenny - Fraser - Dobson - CBT
    JRS - Leaburn
    Poor Ness, expect he'll have a lot of work to do. 
  • Options
    Honeymoon period is over, now we’re into the “don’t know what my best XI is/square pegs in round holes period”. 

Deja vu. 
    This is what happens when you let Martin Sandgaard play a key role in recruitment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CBT at left wing back sounds grim. I wonder how long it'll be before his first yellow.
  • Options
    CBT at left wing back sounds grim. I wonder how long it'll be before his first yellow.
    It's the position where he did much of his best work under Jackson tbf
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Well Scotty just saying that Dean has put £200 behind the bar at the Oak for Charlton Fans..Top Man..✅
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It's the position where he did much of his best work under Jackson tbf
    From memory he struggled defensively there. DJ is a better option if you want to play a winger as a wingback 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Any Mods around today to make this a Sticky please...👍
    Hello, anyone there...??????
  • Options
    Blimey wouldnt have recognised Balmer
  • Options
    Anyone else's stream keep stopping? 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    No, working fine here in Paris.. ;)
    Try rebooting might be stuck
  • Options
    Come on Charlton- sent the massive Massives contingent home with tears in their eyes 
  • Options
    No, working fine here in Paris.. ;)
    Try rebooting might be stuck
    Yeah mine normally works perfectly. Will reset it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Miles Leaburn returns to the starting line-up✅, and replaces Macauley Bonne in the starting XI.

Ryan Inniss and Gavin Kilkenny also return as Dean Holden makes three changes from the team that faced Derby County last weekend, with Albie Morgan and Steven Sessegnon also moving to the bench.

It likely means a change of shape, moving from a 4-3-3 to either a 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1. Either way, Inniss, Michael Hector and Lucas Ness will make up a back three in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Sean Clare and Corey Blackett-Taylor are expected to operate as wing-backs with Kilkenny and skipper George Dobson in central midfield. Scott Fraser may join the duo in midfield or may play ahead of them, with the in-form Jes Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn likely to make up a front two.

Morgan and Sessegnon are joined on the bench by Joe Wollacott, Jack Payne, Aaron Henry and Chuks Aneke.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Hector, Inniss, Ness; Clare, Dobson (c), Kilkenny, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn

Sticky please Mods..

Far too many "may" in there. A successful team doesn't change from week to week, let alone change formations that means more square pegs in round holes. 

• Options

Sticky please Mods..

Far too many "may" in there. A successful team doesn't change from week to week, let alone change formations that means more square pegs in round holes. 

Sure Dean has a cunning plan..🤞
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Well, memory lane does throw up some wronguns, and now Balmers debut v Leicester and a great finish for an OG..🙄 what a  strart...
  • Options
    Sweaty and Brownie as roomies ...

Sweaty terrorising Konchesky and the former no 7/17 when they first came into the first team squad ...

Wonderful stuff.
  • Options
    Completely forgot Famewo plays for Sheff Wed. Bet he has a worldie today 
  • Options
    Tel’s pre match interview with Hector suggests Innis will be right side of the back three. Bit worrying if true. I’m not on the Innis hate bandwagon but he doesn’t look comfortable chasing wingers into fullback positions. He’s much better in the middle with the game being played in front of him. 
  • Options

• Options
    Commentary out of sync at the start again. 
  • Options
    Commentary out of sync at the start again. 
    Yep
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    edit: yes
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!