Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new Centre Half?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
we're gonna need one aren't we, with Fortune and Diwra off ? I suppose Faye could fill in, bit puzzled by this personally.

Comments

• Options
    they both may yet stay.
  • Options
    El Karkouri & Herman already gone, let's say Fortune and Diawarra went, who would we be left with?

Bougherra
    Semedo
    McCarthy
    Faye (past performance suggests this is a much better use of him)

Is that it? Does look at least one short.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]they both may yet stay.
    Indeed.
  • Options
    see my new post. Looks like Diawara may go, might be enough to make Fortune stay. A step up the pecking order. We should go get Chris Riggott from Boro'. Available, young, and a decent player esp in the CCC.
  • Options
    yes, he clearly wants to go to Bordeaux - I am worried about the money we will get for him though, £2M certainly seems on the low side.
  • Options
    Isn't Corey Gibbs a centre half/left back, that's if he really exists?????
  • Options
    who?
  • Options
    I saw him at Welling I'm sure I did!
  • Options
    Of course, I forgot about Gibbs! That's fine then, sell Diawara and Fortune, Henry has inside information and has stated that Gibbs will be player of the year next season!
  • Options
    Don't worry there will be this big puff of smoke 2 seconds before kick off on saturday,
    right in front of weaver, well about 10 yards in front actually and guess what ?
    when the smoke clears an eary silence will come over the crowd ,whispers among them"whos that"
    then a loud scream goes out "it's cory "
    then the crowd all look at each other in disbelief ,
    but finally there he is wearing that no5 jersey with gibbs clearly across his shoulders,
    There realy must be a god , he has created a miricale "Cory Gibbs in a Charlton shirt"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon he'll suddenly appear stark bollock naked and hunched over like Arnie in Terminator and slowly raise to his feet while the stunned crowd looks on in silence. He'll take some time to look around assessing his surroundings, slightly apprehensively. As a steward attempts to tackle him to the ground, mistaking him for a streaker, Gibbs will brush him aside using his bionic arm (steadying himself and drawing strength from the bionic leg that he had fitted last season). Then Pardew will realise who it is 'Stop - quickly get the man a kit, it's a miracle, a centre back, a real life centre back'.

Then the game will kick off, Gibbs will get injured 13 minutes in and we'll never see him again....
  • Options
    lol, great stuff chaps
  • Options
    If all else fails I'm available for a stint at Centre Half.
  • Options
    dont forget chris powell and Semedo (whats his pref position?) but we are talking about centre halfs here, with the two aforementioned gone I count 3.

Gibbs - not so proved he can string two reserve/preseason games together
    Bougherra - still not proved his fee if you ask me
    McCarthy - discipline problems and pace issues?

Ithink Faye is a realistic proposition, however if we are seriously gonna let two go it can only be in Diawara's case if we get something decent in at the same time. Am majorly concerned otherwise.
  • Options
    Fortune is going up for talks - so looks more likely he will leave than stay.
    http://www.football.co.uk/charlton_athletic/fortune_favours_potters_move_250531.shtml
  • Options
    Pulis knows a reliable player when he sees one.

He did an excellent job for Gillingham a few years back.

Keep him Pards!!!
  • Options
    I read somewhere the fee is £500k - anyone know?