Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frankfurt - Things to do (drinking aside!)

Off to Frankfurt in June for a long weekend to catch the World Cup of Darts. Any lifers got any tips/places to go/places to avoid while i'm there (3-4 blokes going and plenty of beer is current plan!)? Thanks in advance, I remember using the Prague advice chat when I went, much better than Trip advisor!

Comments

• Options
    Went back in 2019 for a long weekend. Ended up going to Mainz v Schalke on the Saturday whilst we played AFC Wimbledon away. Also went to Frankfurt zoo and up the Maintower for a tour. Lots of different bits and pieces to do, but I was there with my partner so what we did would be very different to you and your friends going to drink! Travel is also great and very straightforward.

Really enjoyed my time, hope you do too.

• Options
    went there on their museum festival weekend and absolutely loved it. The cinema museum is great there and would recommend, especially if you're into your films.
  • Options
    Nice place, worked out there although it was 20 years ago so things may have changed a bit. 

Lots of decent places to drink, the old town in Sachsenhausen has traditional beer halls. The Romer area has decent old bars as well.

Away from drinking, the zoo is worth a visit and Dr Muller’s is a “gentleman’s interest” establishment (so I’m told).

• Options
    Nice place, worked out there although it was 20 years ago so things may have changed a bit. 

Lots of decent places to drink, the old town in Sachsenhausen has traditional beer halls. The Romer area has decent old bars as well. 

I worked there a lot and agree with this.  It’s more like a collection of villages than a city, but more enjoyable because of it. 

The museums along the Main River are excellent.   

Romer has a beautiful square and looks old … which is amazing as it was flattened during WW2 and then rebuilt.   
  • Options
    If Eintracht are at home, worth a visit. 
  • Options
    Back in the '90s when i worked in Germany quite a bit I spent an evening there. Some Irish bar then a curry and then another beer in a "gentlemens establishment" where me and my friend were  called wankers, (in perfect English), and thrown out. One of the worse hangovers Ive ever had, so it must of been a good time.  
  • Options
    Spent a night in Mainz, just outside Frankfurt, last year, It was pretty pleasant and bottles of Astra in Onkle Willy's Bar (there's a name to remember) went down very well indeed. 
  • Options
    Massive brass house there
  • Options
    The Palace is the best gentlemens venue..apparently 
  • Options
    Massive brass house there

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let me know what it's like, thinking of having my stag out there next July during euros 
  • Options
    Just don't mention the war 
  • Options
    Let me know what it's like, thinking of having my stag out there next July during euros 
    Much better places in Germany for a stag, in my opinion. Düsseldorf for one.
  • Options
    Cologne, Hamburg and especially Munich are a lot better.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    Cologne, Hamburg and especially Munich are a lot better.
    Really enjoyed Cologne when we were there for a.long weekend a few years ago. By the end of the day we already wished we'd booked a longer stay