Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for youngsters

2»

Comments

• Options
    Campbell should be in with a shout, after losing Kirk and DJ it’s not a position we’re strong in. Henry replacing Fraser doesn’t make much sense, hardly like for like. 
    I dunno, they are both midfield players who can take a free kick for a start.
  • Options
    ^ are Enslin, Casey, Rylah, Bower and Laqueratabua signed on contracts yet?  Haven't seen any news about it.
  • Options
    Answer to the OP is depends on why your playing them.

They can't do any worse is not a real reason.

I remember a similar season where Harriott broke into the first team towards the end of the season then didn't make a single appearance the next season.  

Are you playing them now, because you think they will be part of the first team squad next season or because they are good for the age so why not?

Two names mentioned a lot are Kanu and Mitchell,  they are very young, so much so I don't even think they is a solid idea of what Mitchell's position will be in the longer term.  Playing them for the sake of it is probably counter productive, at this stage.

Of the older ones Cambell, Chinn and Henry should probably get some games in the right position even if all it does is prove that they aren't ready yet.  But we do need to be careful because with AMB, Ness, JRS and Leaburn already in the team it can then become very inexperienced. 
  • Options
    Personally I don’t think Kanu is anywhere near ready yet just on the Peterborough & Oxford showing, but no striker has scored for 10 matches. We seem to be playing Jack Payne out of position to try and increase our attacking options. Do we really have to wait another month before we give him some minutes from the bench. 
  • Options
    Get to 50 points first, otherwise you risk a 1978 scenario
    What's my dad getting my mum drunk and impregnating her with me got to do with anything?
  • Options
    the season is winding down and plans for the next one must be underway .. now's the time to give the most promising youngsters proper game time to see who's worth keeping and who's not .. though the same really applies to all the squad .. I never see youth games so not in a position to comment on the quality .. the odd gem comes through (Ness for one) but it seems to take so long for our youth to mature .. is that a quality or a coaching issue ?
  • Options
    Why is everyone presuming that relegation isn’t still a possibility?

yeah experiment - but can we wait until we are mathematically safe please!
  • Options
    Stupidity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023

yeah experiment - but can we wait until we are mathematically safe please!
    Relegation isn’t a possibility at all. Same reason why palace won’t go down this season. Rubbish teams aren’t going to win enough to catch us. If we win one more game we are safe. 

If points needed to guarantee top 6 has risen from 74 to 80, then by default the points needs to stay up would be reduced.