Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defoe praise for Darren Bent

www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news
[cite]Jermaine Defoe said [/cite] “The squad is so strong and to be at the club now is special.

“Look at the goals myself, Robbie and Berba scored last season and now we’ve added Darren Bent, for me, he’s one of the best finishers around.

“His movement is great and he’s always going to score goals as he proved that at Ipswich and Charlton. There are certainly a lot of goals in the team.

“People know when I get my chance I will always try my best, I always want to score goals and work hard to do that.”

Comments

• Options
    Bent is 22/1 with Paddy Power to be top scorer next season. I don't think he will be, but 1/4 odds for top 4 (i.e. just over 5/1) seems to me to be good value. I think he will score a hatful in that team next season.
  • Options
    Is anyone else suprised with Defoe ?

Has had rumours of man U being interested in here for the past 3 years, has been in and out the Spurs side for the past two, despite having a great scoring record. Yet, seems happy to stay and fight for his place.

I thought he would of kicked up and demanded a big money move a long time ago.

Perhaps he's grown up ?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    A little bit. We do forget that he was just a kid when he screwed us over (admittedly not quite so young when he stropped at West Ham though!).

To be honest I'm a little bit disappointed, I think he's too good a footballer to not be playing at the highest level week in week out. Much as I love Darren Bent I actually think Defoe is the better player and might be wasting precious years of a short career on the Tottenham bench (I'd leave just so I didn't have to sit next to Danny Murphy every week - if he even makes their bench these days?!).
  • Options
    Danny who?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]next to Danny Murphy every week - if he even makes their bench these days?!).
    Oh yes, Danny's carpentry skills are legendary :-)
  • Options
    Glad to hear he's doing something to justify his salary!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Bent is 22/1 with Paddy Power to be top scorer next season. I don't think he will be, but 1/4 odds for top 4 (i.e. just over 5/1) seems to me to be good value. I think he will score a hatful in that team next season.

He was 100/1 with Paddy Power in his first season with us, had £5 e/w picked up £125 at the end of the season, ta very much.