Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 4th March 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    0-0 to Charlton. Can`t see us scoring but a draw will be like a win. 
  • Options
    If Leaburn starts, we can give them a game.
    Otherwise Goodnight Vienna.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Genuinely don’t care anymore.
    I’m a bit like that. But come tomorrow they’ll be 600 traveling I desperately hope get something to cheer.

weirdly feel with the pressure off us and on Plymouth we might perform. Come on you reds.

Big thanks as always to @ForeverAddickted
    for the preview 
  • Options
    I am sticking my neck out. P 2, C3. Kanu to come on as substitute and score.
  • Options
    I would like to see us go two up top…

AMB

Sess/Penney (if Sess not fit)
    Inniss
    Ness
    Hector
    Clare

Dobbo
    Fraser

Rak Sakyi (Free Role)

Kanu
    Leaburn

With this in mind, keep our shape narrow, hopefully make us a bit tougher to beat! 
  • Options
    A positive person is a happier person. Hope over expectation. Of course no expectation of winning but then I expected Peterborough to win 3-0 and they didn’t. People who see their own lives as half empty will always see their team in a similar way.Blokes over fifty seem to have a knack of being morose
  • Options
    i agree with some above - think we should start playing kanu and leaburn up top - not going up or down so lets use this to get them both some game rime with an eye on next year - in theory they could be a very good strike partnership 
  • Options
    Will a striker ever score for Charlton again … 11 games and counting 

plymouth 1.95 on betfair , that’s remortgage your house time   Buying money at those odds 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne not to get off the mark.
  • Options
    They are at home and will probably go all out to beat us which perversely may help us as we are a team that is too easy to stop. If the wide men have a good game we may get something from the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Give Payne a start and a run in the side. His goal return and finishing for Swindon were excellent and he always gives his all.
    Christ, we literally have nothing to play for and he’s contracted beyond this season so what’s the logic in not giving him a go. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Give Payne a start and a run in the side. His goal return and finishing for Swindon were excellent and he always gives his all.
    Christ, we literally have nothing to play for and he’s contracted beyond this season so what’s the logic in not giving him a go. 
    Payne is alright in flashes but don't think he's up to it really - would sooner we gave the likes of Henry a go now and any other youngsters who we think may be ready - the keepers, ness, dobbo, fraser possibly and leaburn - that is the core to build round for next season i'd say    
  • Options
    I was thinking of having a punt on Bonne to score first or last goal; however, unless i can get 100/1 at least, I will swerve it.
  • Options
    Liked the system on Tuesday 3421 again Raki the weak link did not get involved … like to see it again … if Fraser is fit I move him forward and bring in Kilkenny to play with Dobson . Penny in for SS 

AMB

Hector
    Inniss
    Ness

Clare
    Dobson
    Kilkenny
    Penny

Fraser
    Payne

Bonne

• Options
    Liked the system on Tuesday 3421 again Raki the weak link did not get involved … like to see it again … if Fraser is fit I move him forward and bring in Kilkenny to play with Dobson . Penny in for SS 

AMB

Hector
    Inniss
    Ness

Clare
    Dobson
    Kilkenny
    Penny

Fraser
    Payne

Bonne

I see zero penetration with that line up. I think Bonne would be even more isolated than he is with the 2 wide men either side of him.
    I agree Rak was a little lost in his role o n Tuesday, but I also think he was affected by the sending off incident and let their crowd get to him
  • Options
    COYR 
  • Options
    If Sessegnon is fit then I’d go back to 4 at the back 
    AMB
    Clare Hector Ness Sessegnon   
    Kilkenny Dobson 
    Rak-Sakyi Payne CBT
    Leaburn 

If Sessegnon is not fit then I’d keep the back 3 with CBT wing back because that at least avoid Penney having to start 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plymouth at Home Park (a tough place anytime). Top of the league and a point to prove v Charlton after the mauling at The Valley. Charlton a mistake waiting to happen at the back and complete inability to score goals. What could possibly go wrong ?
  • Options
    On paper we have absolutely no chance. BUT we always stuff Plymouth and the is Charlton so always expect the unexpected! 
    1-3 Rak Saki with a brace
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Live shots up on CATV already...not any more... :(
  • Options
    I suppose I better tune in. Always enjoy Curbs. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    On paper we have absolutely no chance. BUT we always stuff Plymouth and the is Charlton so always expect the unexpected! 
    1-3 Rak Saki with a brace
    Chuks with a brace more likely
  • Options
    Match thread is up..
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    I was thinking of having a punt on Bonne to score first or last goal; however, unless i can get 100/1 at least, I will swerve it.
    I take it this refers to a season?
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    I take it this refers to a season?
    Tbf I would only expect 66/1 on that.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    No way will Plymouth score. 
    That’s all I know. 
    Cough, cough!