Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Rossington RIP

Last of the original Lynyrd Skynyrd at 71 sadly. Great band. Youthful memories. 

Comments

• Options
    Yes - great memories.  Remember the 3 guitarists at the front of the stage at Knebworth.  Amazing Freebird.  RIP.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64860924
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
     Freebird one of my all time favorite tracks 
    Rest easy Gary 
  • Options
    Freebird definitely in my top 10 tracks of all time, got to be one of the best guitar solo's known to planet Earth.
    RIP Gary.
  • Options
    L S is a band whose members seem destined for quite early deaths .. R I P
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Freebird definitely in my top 10 tracks of all time, got to be one of the best guitar solo's known to planet Earth.
    RIP Gary.
    Had to play freebird  dug out my 12inch vinal not heard it for ages still hits the spot brilliant 

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    Yes - great memories.  Remember the 3 guitarists at the front of the stage at Knebworth.  Amazing Freebird.  RIP.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64860924
    What an amazing and blistering hot day that was, Seen a lot of bands but Lynyrd Skynyrd were amazing that day.
  • Options
    I've got 'Freebird' and 'Sweet Home Alabama' on my Alexa playlist and I play them both at least twice a week, great songs great guitar playing.
    So very sad that the last of the original band has gone.
    RIP Gary, you are now a 'Freebird'.
    Thank you for the music x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is that band pronounced? Never heard of them 
  • Options
    Linard Skinard 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    RIP. This is on my YouTube play list, I know it’s not the original band but it’s a fantastic version from a few years ago. Some proper rednecks in the crowd!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ndb_lt4xA
  • Options
    Really mate, you’ve never heard of them? They sang the original Sweet Home Alabama 
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP. Probably my favourite band of all time. However, never took to the new version of LS. 
  • Options
    One of my all time favorite bands after the pistols of all things !! Got into them when the OGWT played Freebird in hommage to the plane crash which blew me away. Super three line guitar attack and Ronnies vocals were spot on.
  • Options
    Named after a teacher at high school who gave them a hard time ... Leonard Skinner if memory serves..
  • Options
    Really mate, you’ve never heard of them? They sang the original Sweet Home Alabama 
    No mate, never heard of them or read that band name before, even though Sweet Home Alabama is an absolute classic tune. Just played Free bird and never heard that before
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    No mate, never heard of them or read that band name before, even though Sweet Home Alabama is an absolute classic tune. Just played Free bird and never heard that before
    You seen Kingsman?

Its playing in the church scene when he goes crackers and kills everyone.
  • Options
    RIIP. If you don't know how good these guys were, Google freebird on old grey whistle test. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ironically, their debut album was called “Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd”
  • Options
    Have you been in solitary confinement for 40 years.
  • Options
    I enjoy quite a few L S songs, they often combine humour with pathos and down home reality .. BUT 'Free Bird' ? .. nah, repetitive, over hyped geetar riffs .. whatever R I P Gary R 
  • Options
    Quite ironic that Gary was the last original member to pass away as "That Smell" was written about his antics.