Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MY Latest DJ Story....FFS

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
Just had a referral for a Posh afternoon DJ'ing slot in Upchurch on Sunday afternoon. Apparently some really rich family are having a surprise 50th Party in their Back Garden with a Marquee & Band were looking for a DJ to do the 5pm-10pm slot this Sunday. My friend Louise told them to speak to me, she said it would be a good payer, well the phone call went like this...

Lady with Posh voice : Hello is that Paul I am after a DJ for this Sunday, I am having a surprise 50th with a Band & a Marquee but I need a DJ to do 5pm till 10 maybe 11pm.

Ketman : Hi yes, I can do it, however so I am absolutely clear about what you want & so you get exactly what you want I need to know what sort of music you want, as I normally do pubs clubs up to date sort of stuff, just wanna make sure you get what you need.

Lady with Posh Voice : Well I think he likes stuff like Dean Martin
(Ketman shakes his head in disbelief)

Ketman : Well it's not the sort of stuff I have but if you can provide a couple of CD's I can cover pretty much most party, motown 70's 80's & up to date stuff. Will just need you to provide a couple of CD's he's like including Dean Martin.

Lady with Posh Voice : Do you not DJ with a Laptop then ?

Ketman ends call in disgust........Fookin Laptop !

Comments

• Options
    Poor play my friend, DJ'ing with a laptop! What happened to good old 1210's?
  • Options
    and now you have just completely ruined Len Glover's birthday suprise.

shame on you
  • Options
    Ketters, I didn't realise you did stuff like this, I sort of assumed that it was just the clubs etc Can yopu drop me a whisper I may have a gig for you next Feb/March if you're interested. Cheers
  • Options
    Hahaha...

Everyone uses a laptop, get with the program Ketman. Your type will soon be deemed obsolite thanks to the shuffle selection :-)
  • Options
    LOL. if she was posh she was obviously more of a NORTH kent lady than the bourne eh?
  • Options
    I trust you gave her the number for DJ Hard Drive c/o the Bull?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    my Mac is gonna dj my wedding, quite appropriate as its in scootland. Should be great up until the moment my grooms usher snorts a line off the lid...
  • Options
    These Laptop DJ's make me laugh next time I see one playing I am gonna pull his power lead out & laugh while he takes about 5 minutes booting up the computer & the dance floor stares at him. :-)
  • Options
    Had the same thing at my wedding Ketters, when the laptop baffoon tripped the noise limiter...

REBOOT!
  • Options
    Funny how different people view it. Being a Rock n Roll and Rockabilly man, the idea of a DJ using CD's is as horrifying to me as a laptop is to Ketters. Real vinyl, complete with pops and hiss, that's DJing my friend...

Some of the DJs I know wont even play repro's, it has to be the original, some of which are worth four figures, but they still cart them down to gigs. Nutters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how many weddings have you been to where the DJ plays what he wants to play and pisses everyone off...

:)
  • Options
    Ketters if she is loaded maybe you could be her bit of rough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Real vinyl, complete with pops and hiss, that's DJing my friend...

Hear hear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Ketters if she is loaded maybe you could be her bit of rough.

I am waiting for the call back Steve ;-)
  • Options
    I'll take it Paul, after that gypo wedding I covered last week nothing is now out of my range!!

JWADDICK if Ketaman doesn't have it I may be able to help you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll take it Paul, after that gypo wedding I covered last week nothing is now out of my range!!

JWADDICK if Ketaman doesn't have it I may be able to help you

Cheers Carter I'll let you know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]and now you have just completely ruined Len Glover's birthday suprise.

shame on you

Wish I was that young!:-)
  • Options
    Don't knock Dean Martin!
  • Options
    Saw Jah Shaka at the Deptford albany dj with a single deck! was brilliant,a few affects in between a tune finishing and another starting and a slab of vinyl was soon booming on to the dance floor, top stuff.

I'm currently chilling in the garden and playing some reggae 45s that you can't download or get on cd.. wicked.
  • Options
    Can't beat Jah Shaka
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and his siren
  • Options
    Badger wrote "Saw Jah Shaka at the Deptford albany dj with a single deck! was brilliant,a few affects in between a tune finishing and another starting and a slab of vinyl was soon booming on to the dance floor, top stuff."

What was affecting you then badger? ...

[;)]