Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you give a new contract into next season

Comments

• Options
    Hector is the only one I would keep, as I feel like he has been improving and he certainly has pedigree and previous for being actually quiet good at a higher level - where as no one else does.

Henry is a strange one for me, he looks like he might have bit about him, certainly technically. But we have been poor this year, and he has not managed to really increase his minutes at all.

• Options
    I’d keep Clare Henry and Hector

Get rid of the rest and all the ones we have out on loan if possible

It won’t happen though 
    Is the correct answer.  Of those out on loan, I would like to see McGrandalls with a full preseason, but wouldn’t be bothered about losing him either. 
  • Options
    I'd be happy enough with Inniss and/or Hector in the same way I was happy enough with Doherty in 2011/12 knowing that Morrison, Taylor and Cort were ahead of him (and invincible). If we can sign two quality centre backs in the summer along with giving Ness some good game time then that would be a decent set-up. If Inniss and Hector are starting regularly then I'll be less happy. Clare I think it's time to say goodbye to. We've already got Egbo, sign a better right back over him, and stop these terminal conversations about Clare being a useful midfielder. His lapses in concentration and inability to spot a third man run cause enough trouble when he's only got two places opposition players can be coming from, give him the full pitch to worry about and his head will melt.

Forgot we had Egbo. In that case release Clare and signed a new right back. Agree he’s never going to be good enough for what we need in midfield.
  • Options
    Hector possibly. Otherwise none of them are realistically good enough to get us promoted as starting players 
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    I would offer Clare and Inniss a contract if they’re happy to be squad players. 

Haven’t seen enough of Hector. 
  • Options
    Only Henry for me. Think there's something there with him to develop. With Egbo fit I see no need to keep Clare , think Hector will get a championship side if he can prove his fitness. 
  • Options
    Not seen enough of Henry to be able to say, Clare as a squad player, likewise possibly Inniss. No to the rest. Anyone who says yes to Morgan needs to give their head a wobble.

One problem we will have is trying to shift Lavelle, Kirk, McGrandles.
  • Options
    Be disappointed if we keep any of that bunch after the recent comments from the club that we are looking to build a squad that ‘can have a real go at it next season’.

We need better if we seriously want to be promotion contenders.
  • Options
    Maybe Clare (versatile), maybe Henry (not seen enough to judge).  No to all others.
    He might be (versatile), but he's still shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clare Y
    Inniss Y
    Thomas N
    Clayden N
    Henry N
    Morgan N
    Gilbey (Currently on loan at Stevenage) N
    Bonne N
    Hector Y
  • Options
    Big list. Hector 1 year contact. That’s it.
  • Options

Clare Y
    Inniss Y
    Thomas N
    Clayden N
    Henry N
    Morgan Not bothered either way 
    Gilbey (Currently on loan at Stevenage) N
    Bonne N
    Hector Y

• Options
    Clare and Hector. Sad indictment of the squad.
  • Options
    Who among us isn't enjoying the Hector/Inniss big lad dream team tonight? 
  • Options
    Dangerfield and Tony Keohone on 5 year deals, bin the rest 
  • Options
    Not Innis. Get rid ffs 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    For all of them it depends who replaces them and what you want them to do.

I would happily take Hector, Inniss amd Clare as 3rd or 4th choices.  If more than one of them is 2nd choice we are in trouble.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I would happily take Hector, Inniss amd Clare as 3rd or 4th choices.  If more than one of them is 2md choice we are in trouble.
    Hector was imperious tonight, he's easily good enough for a promotion seeking side.

And yes Inniss can be relied on to make one crick a game, but with good delivery he's a massive asset at set pieces
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I would happily take Hector, Inniss amd Clare as 3rd or 4th choices.  If more than one of them is 2md choice we are in trouble.
    Hector was imperious tonight, he's easily good enough for a promotion seeking side.

And yes Inniss can be relied on to make one crick a game, but with good delivery he's a massive asset at set pieces
    Forgot inniss is there to be an asset at set pieces 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clare keep
    Inniss release
    Thomas release
    Clayden release 
    Henry keep
    Morgan release
    Gilbey (Currently on loan at Stevenage) release 
    Bonne release
    Hector keep
  • Options
    I’d get rid of Bonne, Thomas and Gilbey but I’d be concerned at who people think we are likely to bring in to replace the others .  Henry, Innis and Clare therefore probably have to stay . 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    After the news of Maynard-Brewer and Blackett-Taylor extending their time with the club over the past few days, would you give a new deal to any of the ones below who’s contracts run out at the end of this season? 

Clare yes
    Innis yes
    Thomas no
    Clayden no
    Henry maybe
    Morgan yes
    gilbey (Currently on loan at Stevenage) no
    Bonne god no!
    Hector yes

• Options
    I might be wrong, but watching them on the pitch at the end of the game last night, I got the feeling that Holden might want to offer Morgan a contract at the end of the season. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I might be wrong, but watching them on the pitch at the end of the game last night, I got the feeling that Holden might want to offer Morgan a contract at the end of the season. 
    That's maybe not wise.
  • Options
    I'd offer contracts to Clare because of his versatility and Henry because of his potential. It's been suggested that the latter won't sign, although I'm struggling to see who above our level would want to take him and give him games.

As to Hector, it really depends upon how he performs in the last 10 games. He'll certainly get a chance to prove his fitness and show what he can do, given the injury to Ness.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I'd offer contracts to Clare because of his versatility and Henry because of his potential. It's been suggested that the latter won't sign, although I'm struggling to see who above our level would want to take him and give him games.

As to Hector, it really depends upon how he performs in the last 10 games. He'll certainly get a chance to prove his fitness and show what he can do, given the injury to Ness.
    You've said it already - Teams will sign him because of his potential, rather than what he can do now.

We released Zemura when he was 20

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/bournemouth-defender-linked-rivals-contract-8246658
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Clare Y - Can be a good utility support player. 
    Inniss Y - Can be a good option
    Thomas M - Utility defender, could be useful again to have around. 
    Clayden N - Certainly not a defender and lacks the pace and crossing ability to be a winger. 
    Henry Y - Still developing
    Morgan Y - Another that is a L1 squad player, but probably cheap enough to keep in and around it. 
    Gilbey N -  Should be in his prime and had to step down to L2. 
    Bonne N - Should be at his prime, not good enough
    Hector Y - Shown enough. 

For the most part I'd keep the Y's around as back up players. Henry I'd give 1 year with the start of next season on loan at L1/L2 level and an option to extend by another year if he does well. The others get a year with club based option to extend if they fit the managers plans. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    After the news of Maynard-Brewer and Blackett-Taylor extending their time with the club over the past few days, would you give a new deal to any of the ones below who’s contracts run out at the end of this season? 

Clare
    Inniss
    Thomas
    Clayden
    Henry
    Morgan
    Gilbey (Currently on loan at Stevenage)
    Bonne
    Hector
    All of them now, obviously.
  • Options
    If we were serious about building a squad for a proper go at it, then the answer is none of them. However, giving an extension to CBT shows the lack of ambition ahead of us.