Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich council

Hi all anyone on here work for greenwich council just had job offer on the dustcarts just wanted to know what are they like to work for money quite good and local.

Comments

• Options
    No training required, just pick it up as you go along.
    Don't forget to empty it into cart before you go along
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    25 years with RBG last month. In Digital Services so no idea what it's like working for Waste Services. Birchmere is a pain in the arse to get to and the parking is a nightmare (assuming that is where you will be based). T&C's are good, employer does give a shit about employees and it's usually well paid, whatever you do.
  • Options
    25 years with RBG last month. In Digital Services so no idea what it's like working for Waste Services. Birchmere is a pain in the arse to get to and the parking is a nightmare (assuming that is where you will be based). T&C's are good, employer does give a shit about employees and it's usually well paid, whatever you do.
    Yeah that’s the place. Thanks mate
  • Options
    I work for RBG too, not for quite as long as Clem_Snide though. I work in Children’s Services. I can back up what Clem says in the last sentence 👍🏼
  • Options
    Good luck @cazo hope the job works out well. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Thanks mate got 3 completely different jobs to choose from, but this pays the best
  • Options
    cazo said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Thanks mate got 3 completely different jobs to choose from, but this pays the best
    Where there’s muck there’s brass mate, good luck 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    I used to work at Greenwich Council in my uni term breaks. They paid well and the people were nice. There are a few oddballs around but that's part of the fun of local government! Still have family who work there. (They're the oddballs).
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Hi all anyone on here work for greenwich council just had job offer on the dustcarts just wanted to know what are they like to work for money quite good and local.
    One great + is it keeps you very very fit.
  • Options
    In my 37th year with Greenwich.
    working in the borough I’ve lived all my life in is such a plus over my sisters who spend 10-15 hours per week commuting from sidcup to town.
    always been a good employer to me.
    if the dust is still job-n-knock (or even has that mentality), then there’s a massive emphasis on being part of a team.
    good luck.
  • Options
    We have Greenwich bin men , always seem happy and very hardworking. 
  • Options
    Thanks all
  • Options
    We have Greenwich bin men , always seem happy and very hardworking. 
    Over the past 30 years I've lived in Lewisham Borough, Greenwich Borough and now Bromley borough, no idea as an employer but I can tell you the Greenwich Bin men were the best and happiest and always got the biggest tip at Christmas from me!
  • Options
    One of my biggest regrets was moving to another borough from Greenwich. Was a good place to work.
  • Options
    On the plus side, you'll soon be on long-term sick with a bad back from riding the dustcarts over all the dreadful sleeping policemen day after day.
  • Options
    Are you good at early mornings @cazo? When my Grandad was on the dust they used to start at 6am, and depending on how far you live from the depot you may need to be up significantly earlier. On the plus side, that meant he was home by lunchtime, although as this was nearly 30 years ago, the shift patterns may have changed a lot since then.
  • Options
    Shout out for binmen everywhere. Ours in Lambeth do a great job and always get a twenty at Christmas for our family
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    On the plus side, you'll soon be on long-term sick with a bad back from riding the dustcarts over all the dreadful sleeping policemen day after day.
    Don't need sleeping policemen when you've got potholes like we do in New Eltham.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Don't need sleeping policemen when you've got potholes like we do in New Eltham.
    Bet ours are bigger & worse here in East Sussex ! 

A local site showed a photo this week of a guy sitting at the roadside with his fishing rod cast into one whilst another showed that a local had planted a flowering shrub in one ! 

Mr F isn't known for his swearing but the air is blue more often than not when we're driving around the area.