Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twitter suspension

As an occasional user of Twitter I was surprised to receive an email from Twitter saying my account had been permantly suspended for "Violating our rules against platform manipulation and spam." 

Now I wouldn't know how to do either of those things and had no idea what I was actually have meant to have done. 

I appealed and eventually got a reply back saying they had considered my appeal but my account wouldn't be reinstated. Strangely enough it now appears to be working again, for how long I don't know though.

Anyone else experienced this? 

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. I'm not on it. I steer clear of all social media platforms like Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and Facebook so it could be a blessing in disguise. 
  • Options
    Also no.

Assuming you haven't posted anything at all, just wondering if your account might have been hacked?  Although would you be able to see what had been posted / did they tell you what 'you' had posted?   or did they just delete it?

Probably worth changing password?
  • Options
    No, it's been as per normal for me
  • Options
    A while back, I got banned from twitter for posting an answer to someone asking what thing on an old car, would people today not know. I replied choke, this was deemed that I was telling the person that I wanted to cause them harm. I appealed and they still wouldn’t let post. A few hours later, I was told it was a 24 hour ban. When I tweeted about it, someone else replied that they had given the same answer and nothing was said to them. I think it’s AI trying to control accounts that is doing it.
  • Options
    We used to dream of being banned from Twitter.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. I'm not on it. I steer clear of all social media platforms like Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and Facebook so it could be a blessing in disguise. 
    This in spades 👆🏻 Absolute cesspits.
  • Options
    Got a suspension for having a pop at one of Southall little scumbag mates.
  • Options
    Choke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, you wasn’t tweeting in a Travelodge whilst having a crafty fag, was you?
    No, but did tweet about the previous occupant smoking
  • Options
    Also no.

Assuming you haven't posted anything at all, just wondering if your account might have been hacked?  Although would you be able to see what had been posted / did they tell you what 'you' had posted?   or did they just delete it?

Probably worth changing password?
    I did ask them to tell me what I was have meant to have done but got no response to that. 
    Password has now been changed. 
  • Options
    Since Musk took over the place is a car crash.
    I always read it whilst listening to the comms during our game (usually because Louis tells me we’ve scored before they do……he’s a clever lad 😜)
    The other day, every time I refreshed I just kept getting the last dozen or so tweets again and again.
    It was really annoying.

If it wasn’t for the football I’d give it up completely.
  • Options
    Since Musk took over the place is a car crash.
    I always read it whilst listening to the comms during our game (usually because Louis tells me we’ve scored before they do……he’s a clever lad 😜)
    The other day, every time I refreshed I just kept getting the last dozen or so tweets again and again.
    It was really annoying.

If it wasn’t for the football I’d give it up completely.
    As are some of his self-driving cars!
  • Options
    You don't happen to work for the government? I know they are banning tik Tok maybe they are getting rid of Twitter as well. 
  • Options
    I actually didn't know there was a limit to what you could post on Twitter. There's a woman I follow on there who is bein stalked by some guy called the 'RealJamieKay', and she has been posting some of the stuff he sends her - like insane stuff you'd think might get a prison sentence. For example 'I'm going to kill you and enjoy drinking your spinal fluid' or 'I'm hiding under one of your childrens beds with a hammer - can you guess which one?'. She also posted her appeals to the twitter control group, who appear to have done nothing. 
    If that stuff goes on and there are no ramifications, I honestly assumed that the place was a jungle. For reference, I only joined to get Dartford FC updates on matchdays.
  • Options
    No, you wasn’t tweeting in a Travelodge whilst having a crafty fag, was you?
    Travelodge have probably popped a fine in the post regardless! 
  • Options
    I actually didn't know there was a limit to what you could post on Twitter. There's a woman I follow on there who is bein stalked by some guy called the 'RealJamieKay', and she has been posting some of the stuff he sends her - like insane stuff you'd think might get a prison sentence. For example 'I'm going to kill you and enjoy drinking your spinal fluid' or 'I'm hiding under one of your childrens beds with a hammer - can you guess which one?'. She also posted her appeals to the twitter control group, who appear to have done nothing. 
    If that stuff goes on and there are no ramifications, I honestly assumed that the place was a jungle. For reference, I only joined to get Dartford FC updates on matchdays.
    Strange people down in Dartford
  • Options
    The death threats generally arrive after bad defeats - one FA Cup exit had me moving abroad.
  • Options
    The death threats generally arrive after bad defeats - one FA Cup exit had me moving abroad.
    What, really?! Na. Joke yeah? I hope.
     If not then unfortunately I understand. Just look at every time we lose.even worse if it's England.  There's always some dicks who go on Twitter saying shite to players or worse their family and friends. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah, only joking. But the original post was all true - this woman has been getting death threats and abuse from the same individual, and Twitter do absolutely nothing. Hence my remark that I don't know how far you would have to go to get an account suspended on Twitter. Weird place - I try to avoid anything more controversial than Dartford updates  :D
  • Options
    Can you not read the updates without logging in? I can with Welling.
  • Options
    Nah, only joking. But the original post was all true - this woman has been getting death threats and abuse from the same individual, and Twitter do absolutely nothing. Hence my remark that I don't know how far you would have to go to get an account suspended on Twitter. Weird place - I try to avoid anything more controversial than Dartford updates  :D
    She should report it to the Police.  It's an offence to p[ost things like "I'm going to kill you!".
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    R0TW said:
    Can you not read the updates without logging in? I can with Welling.
    You can with the mighty Darts, I haven’t got a Twitter account and I can see their tweets.

https://twitter.com/dartfordfc