Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How well do you rate Jes RS performances thru this season?

Just had look at the stats compiled by your good selves.There is a distinct tailing down of scores awarded by CL to JRS since the Portsmouth game(that seems along time ago). Is the season wearing down his talent? Has playing in what most CL fans would call a mediocre team blunting his skills rather than sharpening them? For me I would say he is drifting along in recent games, sometimes only getting involved briefly, as if he wasn't sure why he was there.Or is that the Kevin and Perry body language that is my bias? It must be tough when a young lad is growing up with the eye of the fans on them. Was that recent flare up a result of frustration or just asserting himself?
My summary would be
-very talented player
-fast/good reactions
- can slip past defenders
- still learning about playing others in in the penalty area
-sometimes a loose first touch but when he gets past that great ball skills, it just flows
-needs to think about defending and doing it the hard work as well
-he's scored goals but cost us some as well
- needs to look more businesslike on the pitch (just to keep me happy)
-maybe all this will change as he looks short of a goal atm
-temperent/atittude?
That's my summation of Mr "100%"
Def. a keeper, but of course I know we can't hope to

Comments

• edited March 2023
    I will say exactly what I said to someone in a group chat im in about late December when there was talks Palace might recall him

He is an ok player but disappears for games on end.

He will have a great performance for 2/3 games getting goals or assists, then he dissappears for the next 7/8 games then he appears again for another spell of 2/3 games before going missing again

He has potential but lacks consistency, he won't make the step up to the Championship next year if that's what Palace want, far far to inconsistent for that
  • What Paulie says, I find him frustrating as the talent is there, just no consistency. We will be very grateful for the goals he has scored but take them away you are left with very little.

I feel sorry for him because he is a young kid learning his trade and to expect him to perform week in week out is too much especially in the crap side we put out most weeks.

• He is a very talented lad but certainly seems to be drifting at the moment. Is that a motivational thing? If it is then as it is his first year of man's footy that is poor from him. But he is young and could just be having a dip in form as they all do.
    Will do well in the championship next season.yet to prove he will be a PL star but he has the raw talent.
  • edited March 2023
    When he came in at first he looked ridiculously good. To a point where I couldn’t get my head round why he was even here, quite frankly.

On the whole, I think he has been a relative success. 10 goals from a 20 year old loanee is a very decent return.

There have been some games though where he seems missing. One of those players who pops up in moments rather than taking a game by the horns. 

I think he will be a solid Championship player. 
  • Talented player who has made significant contribution to our season, this is his first full season of mens football, so maybe tiring, not every player can be a Conor Gallagher.

Will be an upper Championship, lower Prem player. If he is loaned out to a Championship team he will have better players around him and against him, so time will tell how far he can go.
  • Think he need to learn some important points, ie when to shoot, when to pass and when to attempt to beat a player. Think he’s a good player that been sent out to get experience, but feel that he need to hone his skills at this level for another year before taking the next step up.
  • A very talented player surrounded by shite. 
    Next season he will go out on loan to a side in the championship. 
    Wheather he goes on to become a premier league player time will tell.
    For me he has been great for us this season and I wish him well wherever he ends up. 
    As long as it ain't palarse. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely been a disappointment for the last month or so.
    Always looking to shoot when a pass would be the better option.
    Can’t see him being a future Premiership player, on his current showing anyway.
  • He's a show pony.
  • Definitely been a disappointment for the last month or so.
    Always looking to shoot when a pass would be the better option.
    Can’t see him being a future Premiership player, on his current showing anyway.
    Apart from the pass that assisted Fraser's goal you mean? 😉 Should've played in Kanu later on though. 
    He's a young winger always likely to blow hot and cold and arguably we've overplayed him as there's been little alternative. Remember thinking against Man United he was our only player that looked anywhere close to them on a technical level so I'd be surprised if doesn't get a Championship gig next season. Be interesting to see if he pushes on from there. Dread to think where we'd be without his contribution. 
  • He's got a lot of talent but still has a lot of rough edges to smooth out. A midtable Championship loan next season should be his next step. 
  • Good prospect, great at this level. Not sure his predictable style will work above the championship.
  • still very young and playing in a (mainly) shite side

would look a different player in a much better team and he'll be playing in the prem in 2/3 years - sadly not with us

would keep him 100% next season if Palace decided to take pity on us and let him stay and continue his development
  • edited March 2023
    I also get the impression that the same people who gave neutral/negative opinions on Maatsen, have probably done so with JRS. It's the nature of attacking wide players in the modern game. 
  • edited March 2023
    I didn't expect much on his arrival .. he's generally proved me wrong .. like most young strikers/wingers he has been somewhat inconsistent but of course he hasn't been in a particularly consistent or inspirational team .. I've said before that without his goals we would be in a far worse position than we are now .. we have done Palace a favour by giving one of their star youngsters a season's education .. all in all a 7/10 for a loanee.. he always had a go and showed what a skilful, artful player he could well become
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s off form at the moment, still Gilbey could be back in the summer!
  • He's got a high ceiling, he could make it at a Premiership lower/midtable team or could just as easily end up a perennial Championship winger never quite making it to the very top.

He's certainly not hitting quite the heights he did before but if we're in the position of expecting a teenage loanee in his first spell of "proper" football to carry an entire team, then he is not the failure.
  • I'm thankful we've had him for a full season, injury free as well.

He would be my favourite player if he was a permanent signing.
  • Great potential but suffering a little by playing too many games. He could go on to be a fantastic player. Only time will tell. 
  • Kap10 said:
    Talented player who has made significant contribution to our season, this is his first full season of mens football, so maybe tiring, not every player can be a Conor Gallagher.

Will be an upper Championship, lower Prem player. If he is loaned out to a Championship team he will have better players around him and against him, so time will tell how far he can go.
    This.

Decent player & too good for League 1......but tries too much to beat every defender twice over and needs to learn to keep it simple. At their respective ages Connor Gallagher was a better player. Maybe not as exciting but a better future talent. 

But if we hadn't have signed him we'd really be in the poo now. 
  • He's been our best player this season. With Leaburn not too far behind.
    I fear for us next season without JRS, Sess, and conceivably Leaburn leaving in the summer.
  • Typical winger - exciting to watch but equally infuriating. Needs to work on his final pass and delivery from wide positions. His goal return has been good for us. 

He may well thrive in the championship next season on better pitches and around better players.  With Zaha out of contract at Palace he might even feature for them next season, hopefully in the championship.
  • Too often loses the ball.
  • Has the skill to turn games and has done. Overdoes it often. Could do with bulking up a bit to make him more physically resilient. Above all, he needs to learn from his mistakes much more quickly than he does.

Having said all that, we are worse without him and I suspect any League One team would take him and most Championship teams too. I think he will go on loan to a promotion chasing Championship team next season.