Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Of The Season 2023

So who are you going to go for?

I thought it would be interesting to have a few categories.

Player of the Season

Young Player Of The Season

Most Improved Player

Favourite loan Signing

Comments

• Options
    No-one has stood out or played enough, well enough really IMO. 

Leaburn has had injuries and only scored 8 league goals, despite being our best striker

Blackett-Taylor blows very hot and cold and goes missing for large periods of games

Rak-Sakyi is our top goalscorer but had a 3 month period really where he was awful and couldn't hit a barn door

Fraser is very average with sparks of great football, but not a POTY contender

Dobson is our captain and leader, but has looked very jaded and tired for weeks now

Sessegnon has been injured a lot but probably our best player in terms of ability

Clare has played more than most and is an attacking, creative outlet on the right, but again had a couple of awful patches this season

Inniss is great on his day, but has given away more goals than anyone else on the team, and his temperament lets him down too often

Ness has been great since coming into the side, but hasn't played enough to be TOTY IMO

AMB similar to Ness, has been great but hasn't played enough IMO

Hardest POTY vote in years, Dobbo will probably get it but whilst he's been pretty dependable all season, he hasn't exactly been stand out
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Player of the season: George Dobson
    Young Player: Miles Leaburn
    Most improved player: Lucas Ness
    Favourite Loan: Rak Saki

That's about right for me. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Agree with that 
  • Options
    Todd Kane?
  • Options
    Just as it'd be boring to vote Dobson again, 

POTY Leaburn
    YPOTY Ness, who's 2 years older than my POTY lol
    MIP I think we all know who I'm going for here
    FL Sessegnon, just cos I think he deserves a vote 
  • Options
    Dobbo for me... would probably say JRS, but can't face a Palace player winning it
  • Options
    For me ability wise Dobson has improved this year. We’ve seen much more to his range of passing, and also his ability on the ball to drop a shoulder and make space for himself under pressure. 

That being said I just don’t feel like overall he has been as consistent as he was last year, and when I think about the top 6 teams and there midfield unit I just never see him getting into them.

However JRS on the other hand though obviously inconsistent, I think would. He is also probably the only player we have who when he starts I think we’ve got much more chance of winning.

So as much as it pains me.

POTY JRS
    YPOTY Leaburn
    MIP Ness
    FL Sessegnon (he seems to love playing for Charlton)

• Options
    For me ability wise Dobson has improved this year. We’ve seen much more to his range of passing, and also his ability on the ball to drop a shoulder and make space for himself under pressure. 

That being said I just don’t feel like overall he has been as consistent as he was last year, and when I think about the top 6 teams and there midfield unit I just never see him getting into them.

However JRS on the other hand though obviously inconsistent, I think would. He is also probably the only player we have who when he starts I think we’ve got much more chance of winning.

So as much as it pains me.

POTY JRS
    YPOTY Leaburn
    MIP Ness
    FL Sessegnon (he seems to love playing for Charlton)

Can't argue with any of that, would be my picks too
  • Options
    Don't forget Maynard-Brewer 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    POTY - AMB
    YPOTS - Leaburn
    M.I - Ness
    FLP - Rak-Sak-N'Crack
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Could Hector come up on the rails and be in with a shout…..when does the voting start and finish?
  • Options
    Player of the season: Dobbo
    Young Player: Ness
    Most improved player: AMB
    Favourite Loan: Sess
  • Options
    Sorry to butt in but wanted to let everyone know that the announcement re purchasing tickets for the dinner, now confirmed for Sunday April 30th will be on the OS at the end of the week & in the VR at the Wycombe match. 

Please form an orderly queue! 
  • Options
    POTY: Dobbo
    Young player: Bizzarrely Ness pips AMB who pips Leaburn for me even though Leaburn is more important to the team - as we have bugger all else up top
    Most improved: Clare in the last 2 months
    Favourite Loan: like Sess but without Rak Saki think we would be largely toothless 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    BOAVBB (Best Of A Very Bad Bunch) - Dobson 
    Young Player Of The Year - Ness
    ASAFLA (Absolutely Stealing A F…. Living Award) - Bonne 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

That’s probably my choice too
  • Options
    Player - Dobson
    Young player - Ness
    Most Improved - AMB
    Loan - Rak Saki

Goal of the season - Sess 30 yard screamer v Accrington or Bonne 1 yard toe poke against anyone.
  • Options
    I don't think Dobson has been that great this season. My vote would be between Ness, Fraser or Rak Saki
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dobbo getting a lot of unearned praise here. 

Very consistent, but not really as effective as last year. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It's hard between Dobbo and Leaburn.

Without Leaburn we would have been closer to relegation. When Stockley wasn't scoring and we only had an unproven striker to fill his shoes, he's came up at the right time with all the pressure on his shoulders to secure us 3 points.

But as always Dobbo has been Mr consistent...