Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who do you want to play next season?

As our season has ended in mid table nothingness (again), my main interest is looking at potential teams we will up against come August. 
Orient are almost guaranteed to go up - good to have a london away game again. Would quite like QPR to go down too for the same reason, but i imagine they will stay up comfortably. Probably good Wednesday are out of the division, although i don't like them it's good to have a big team which expects promotion not here next season. I prefer Plymouth to Ipswich as a club but I could see Plymouth falling off the rails if they didn't go up. I'm naively assuming we might actually be a contender next year, for the play offs at least!

Anyone you particularly fancy playing/not playing next season for whatever reason? Lots of teams in the run in for League two play offs, including Carlisle... we may actually get promoted then. 

Comments

• Carlisle , Cardiff, forest green, Stockport and Salford
  • Like to play  - Carlisle (as we get promoted up there) 

Like not to play- Morecombe, Accringtom 
  • I think Plymouth are going up unfortunately as I would love Ipswich to pip them although I agree that it would be better for us if Derby went up as well.

It looks like Wigan are down I have a suspicion that Colin will save Huddersfield. I too would fancy a trip to QPR but suspect it would be Rotherham who are caught.

I would like MKD to go down and Cambridge to survive although that seems unlikely.
  • Anybody that makes this division less northern in terms of travel. 
  • Northampton.
  • Northampton.
    Not Northampton  :)

Dull away game, neither north nor south
  • Any club that's less than a 3 hour trip to
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sick of this league so I want it as dull and as easy as possibly if we’re to have any chance whatsoever.  

So for me, Wednesday, Ipswich and one of Bolton or Derby have gotta go up, get rid of the big financed clubs ASAP.  

Orient can come up to give us a local derby other than that I’m not bothered.  
  • Think Plymouth will go up, looking at their remaining fixtures, they play only Shrewsbury from clubs in the top half and 5 or 6 of the others are against bottom half mid table sides. Their run in looks very favourable.

Ipswich have to play 4 other play-off contenders/hopefuls. That’s a much tougher run where you would anticipate they drop more points than Plymouth.

Sheffield Wednesday should also go up. Looking at their run in, they could win their next 8 games. 5 of those are away, but they have the best away form in the league.

Would like to see Orient, Stevenage, Carlisle and one of Northampton, Bradford, or Mansfield to win the play-offs.

Wigan are gone, I think Blackpool are going too, and I think Cardiff will be the ones to drop, Huddersfield just get to safety, probably on the last day. 
  • Oh, and I don’t ever want to play Accrington Stanley again.

The rest I am not too fussed, just want out of this division.
  • Always enjoyed an away game with QPR.....even when they regularly spanked us 4-0 or 5-1 on the old plastic pitch.
  • I’d be happy if Accrington and Morecambe got relegated to make the league next season more southerly. 
  • Stewart said:
    I’d be happy if Accrington and Morecambe got relegated to make the league next season more southerly. 
    We could yet have Carlisle and Barrow coming up though. 
  • Carlisle away towards the end of the season to get us promoted.

Won’t miss playing Accrington if they go down.
  • Stewart said:
    I’d be happy if Accrington and Morecambe got relegated to make the league next season more southerly. 
    I would be happy with Barrow, and thinking about it Salford - new grounds for me. 

Generally I do want more local game tho
  • I don't care who we play as we need teams to fear us, not us fear them. As for Plymouth, I fear they will blow it again as the pressure ramps up even more.
  • Don’t see Ipswich or Derby being as much a threat next season, finances must kick in sooner or later and put paid to that so would prefer them to stay down. Would prefer sheff wed, Barnsley and Bolton to go up. Orient to come up and any other team where the away journey is doable and reasonably affordable for the away fans. QPR and Reading going into freefall in the championship would be a bonus but can’t quite see that double coming off. One of them maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:
    9goalswentpastperry said:
    Stewart said:
    I would be happy with Barrow, and thinking about it Salford - new grounds for me. 

Generally I do want more local game tho

I want Barrow and Salford up and Harrogate out of the league and that would only leave Newport (and presumably Wrexham) as the only clubs I've not seen us at.
  • Hoping Bradford and Carlisle get promoted for a couple of easy away days and that Wednesday and Ipswich get promoted along with Derby or Bolton so that the ‘big’ clubs are out of our division.

Current bottom three in the Championship will do. 
  • Not sure QPR will stay up comfortably, as they’re in free fall.
    Enjoyed our NabyWonderland away draw in the Championship, so wouldn’t mind another trip to Loftus Rd. Problem is, if they do get relegated the chances are they’ll bounce straight back up. 
    Cardiff would be a nice away day for me, as I have family there. 
    Wigan look doomed, and that’s not a bad away day. 
  • Wigan look doomed so would like any two of Reading, Cardiff and QPR to come down. Orient look nailed to come up with ideally Stevenage, Bradford & Salford.
  • Reading face a points deduction this week, a major penalty will put them in danger. The new railway station nearer the ground should be open by next season too.
  • cafctom said:
    Anybody that makes this division less northern in terms of travel. 
    This with bells on
  • Blackpool away .. 
  • The O’s for a London derby and Salford to win the League 2 play offs 
  • Croydon said:
    cafctom said:
    Anybody that makes this division less northern in terms of travel. 
    This with bells on

Morris Dancing is big in east Kent, the north west and Shrewsbury. 
  • Scoham said:
    Carlisle away towards the end of the season to get us promoted.

Won’t miss playing Accrington if they go down.
    Carlisle away at the end of the season would be a great omen and get me very excited!

Bradford are a big club and deserve to be playing at a higher level, so I would like to see them promoted. Orient would be a nice London derby. I don't like Stevenage, but at least that is another fairly local game. If QPR were relegated that would be a good away trip, but I can't see them going down.