Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Bolder is our guest at Bromley Addicks - Thursday 20th April 7pm-9pm

edited March 2023 in General Charlton

The one and only Bob Bolder has kindly agreed to come along as our guest at our next meeting on Thursday April 20th 2023 at our usual venue The Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club, Queensway Petts Wood BR5 1DH.

The RBL is located to the right of Morrisons and to the left of the Shell Petrol station.

There is plenty of free car parking after 18.30 hrs and we are just a few minutes walk from Petts Wood station.

The meeting will get under way at 7.00 pm and will be the normal Q & A session.

The meeting is free and open to all so please feel welcome to bring along friends/family.

Bob is hugely entertaining and I'm confident will be an excellent guest.

Bob started his career with his local team Dover F.C. before moving to Sheffield Wednesday at the age of just 19. He played over 200 games while at Hillsborough. In 1983, he started a two-year stint as back-up for Bruce Grobbelaar at Liverpool where in 1984 he won a European Cup medal, being on the subs bench in the final.  He left Liverpool in 1985 for a brief spell with Sunderland before joining Charlton Athletic a year later.

Bob established himself as first choice 'keeper for the Addicks for seven years. He was forced to retire from professional football in 1993 and had spells in non-league football with Dagenham & Redbridge and Margate. He has since returned to Charlton as part of their work in the community scheme.

Comments

• Options
    Great guest……he’s got a great sense of humour, so you can guarantee a few laughs.😄
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Gutted I'm 6000 miles away for this.

I can only imagine this will be a very entertaining evening and will have supporters there in tears of laughter, accompanied with some very interesting stories.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Remember reading somewhere that Bob was small as a youth which is why Charlton sent him back to Dover.
    Then moved from Dover into league football.

Is this correct or am I dreaming.

Anyone want to ask him that tonight because he was a giant of a man at St Andrews against Leeds Utd that Friday in May.
  • Options
    Remember reading somewhere that Bob was small as a youth which is why Charlton sent him back to Dover.

Anyone want to ask him that tonight because he was a giant of a man at St Andrews against Leeds Utd that Friday in May.
    No, you are quite correct. Bob played a handful of matches for Charlton colts over three trial periods at the age of 16 or17, but was not signed. Over the next couple of years, he grew up to his present 6 foot 3 inches. He confirmed all that last night.
  • Options

No, you are quite correct. Bob played a handful of matches for Charlton colts over three trial periods at the age of 16 or17, but was not signed. Over the next couple of years, he grew up to his present 6 foot 3 inches. He confirmed all that last night.
    Thanks for asking the question , sometimes something sticks in your mind but no one can help. Will always remember that night at 
    St Andrews , Charltons most important match.