Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 25th March 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    A great opportunity to close the 7 point gap on tenth place, Shrewsbury are without a fixture , so we can put the heat on them and let them know this will be no cakewalk end of season for them and we mean business .

So there is something to fight for?
     :p 
  • Options
    Both have two wins, two draws and a loss in the last five - so an end to end rip roaring game between equals?  Probably not, I'm going so a turgid 1-1 draw beckons  :/
  • Options
    Mcleary show no doubt, again. 
  • Options
    Another special treat served up by the third divisions finest.
    0-0
    Rounded off with a funky detour by South-Western Railways that means the journey will take the best part of 4 hours each way.
    I'm going to focus on the bottle of Red waiting for me when I get home.
    Primitivo 1 Saturday 0.
  • Options
    Back to earth with a whimper.
    shithoused off the pitch.
    0-2
  • Options
    Back to earth with a whimper.
    shithoused off the pitch.
    0-2
    Back to earth?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    When there’s nothing to play for I tend to concentrate on new signings (if there are any) or players trying to break through, so I’m a bit disappointed that Thomas won’t be playing today. 
    Hopefully Egbo is fit enough to start, and there's a good chance we'll see Sessegnon return at left back.
    Which would create another opportunity to try Clare in midfield? Not sure if it would work, but I think he's earned his chance to play in his favoured position. 
    Hopefully we’ll see more minutes from Kanu. Might have a flutter on him to score any time. 
    Apart from that, I’ll be hoping to see Wycombe lose almost as much as I’d like to see us win. Not a fan.

1-2 unfortunately.
  • Options
    Hopefully we will get a good turn out as Wycombe will bring good numbers last thing we need is to be out sung at home as the 12th man count's Come On You Reds  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I see this as a good opportunity to build on the last two results. 

I don't however see it as must win game, we aren't leaving this way ^ or v so :neutral:

Another 2-1 win and time to start rotating in players that Holden wants to keep.
    If they get a 3rd win on the bounce I suspect we are looking at the players we will want to keep 
  • Options
    Think this might be one of the better games this season, Wycombe have something to play for.
    We certainly need to be better than we were in the 2nd Half at Cambridge. 
    Fancy some goals today, we might just edge it 3-2.  COYRS!!!!
  • Options
    Expecting a tough one but fairly upbeat about it as there seems a fair bit of team spirit with this collection. 2-1. COYR
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/bring-friend-wycombe-fixture-free

Anybody fancy providing a sole ranger a ticket? Will donate to the Club bar and £10 to Upbeats.
    did you sort that @mendonca?
  • Options
    A great opportunity to close the 7 point gap on tenth place, Shrewsbury are without a fixture , so we can put the heat on them and let them know this will be no cakewalk end of season for them and we mean business .

Bragging rights with the locals (mostly sheep) priceless…
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    When there’s nothing to play for I tend to concentrate on new signings (if there are any) or players trying to break through, so I’m a bit disappointed that Thomas won’t be playing today. 
    Hopefully Egbo is fit enough to start, and there's a good chance we'll see Sessegnon return at left back.
    Which would create another opportunity to try Clare in midfield? Not sure if it would work, but I think he's earned his chance to play in his favoured position. 
    Hopefully we’ll see more minutes from Kanu. Might have a flutter on him to score any time. 
    Apart from that, I’ll be hoping to see Wycombe lose almost as much as I’d like to see us win. Not a fan.

1-2 unfortunately.

• Options
    I am really hoping for 3-1 victory
    I will check guardian 7am tomorrow morning in Oz. Have good feeling about game.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Charlton will be shit
    Wycombe will be shithousers
    The ref will be a cnut
    The crowd all need medals (box of 20 would do)
    CL will be where I'll be...

Up the Addicks!
  • Options
    No home win since Barnsley on 14 January. Must be due a win at the Valley - COYR!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Wycombe are a shitty little club with shit housery tactics so fully expecting a frustrating defeat. 

Hopefully will be proved wrong. Shame Leaburn is unavailable but Bonne must be due a goal soon. 

Edit: Leaburn starts - feeling a little more optimistic!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    Wycombe are a shitty little club with shit housery tactics so fully expecting a frustrating defeat. 

Hopefully will be proved wrong. Shame Leaburn is unavailable but Bonne must be due a goal soon. 

Leaburn is playing 
  • Options
    Match thread is up...
  • Options
    3-1.
  • Options

Preparations complete 

• Options
    IanJRO said:

Edit: Leaburn starts - feeling a little more optimistic!

Que Leaburn to get clattered in the first 5minutes.
  • Options
    1-2 Wycombe
  • Options
    We are going to smash them. 0 -11, highest scoring game of the day, Leaburn on a double hat trick 🍻
  • Options
    LEEEEEEEAAAABUUUUUURRRNNNNNN!!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Wrong thread
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Wrong thread
    Yep. Got a bit excited. 🤪