Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    What a lovely thing to do.
  • Options
    I'm always impressed by their policy of mostly (exclusively?) recruiting from the Basque country in northern Spain.
  • Options
    I'm always impressed by their policy of mostly (exclusively?) recruiting from the Basque country in northern Spain.
    That as far as I know was the case but I think it changed a few seasons back. 
  • Options
    Still going and one of three clubs never relegated from the Spanish top flight alongside Barca and Real.
  • Options
    Wonder how many they've had to send
  • Options
    I've just had a quick look in Wikipedia to check (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao_signing_policy) and as Scoham says, it seems they still have an unwritten policy of signing players from the greater Basque country.

I admire this, considering how relatively successful they are.

I would not want all clubs to be run like that but I'm very pleased to see that some are.

I wish there was at least one team in England in the top 4 tiers that did the same.

I suppose for Charlton it would mean recruiting predominantly from Kent and the boroughs of Greenwich, Bexley, Bromley and Lewisham.

I think it would, rightly or wrongly, deemphasize the transfer window and focus more on developing local talent.