Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1-1 WYCOMBE WANDERERS

thanks to the 66 who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    Dobson 6.78, really? He wasn't bad but he's been getting inflated marks for some time now due to his past form. 
  • Options
    Dobson 6.78, really? He wasn't bad but he's been getting inflated marks for some time now due to his past form. 
    You possibly have a point, but look at it another way - he was the marked the 5th best player which is probably right and perhaps all the marks were inflated above the performance for reasons I know not!?
  • Options
    We generally played pretty well. Clare the only one to have serious flaws but somehow we've gone and put Fraser and Morgan below him because both of them missed a shot, or something
  • Options
    I think Clare has been playing well lately and he was decent enough on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Clare is always really good at some things - like, upper Championship standard - and quite bad - like, League Two - at others. Incredibly frustrating. If you gave him Chris Solly's defensive awareness and instincts he'd be in the Premiership
  • Options
    3 Academy players at the top and the other one at the bottom.
  • Options
    AMB - MOM, never in doubt really, especially after the save just before their goal. 
  • Options
    Ridiculous that Morgan is bottom. I'd love to see some independent player ratings.
  • Options
    Ridiculous that Morgan is bottom. I'd love to see some independent player ratings.
    Morgan always a bit of a whipping boy, finds it hard to get some love from fickle CLers  .. In the recent poll, who to keep and get rid, I opined, Morgan ?, get rid .. his recent form has changed my mind .. he might just be a late maturer and/or needs the right manager to believe in him and show some faith
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It's funny he always works his way back into the squad and we seem to do a bit better with him than without. 

I've been disappointed in him this season, but he's 4 goals and 6 assists deep (His best season yet). Because he's cheap, I'd keep him. We have seen what happens with more expensive alternatives from varying levels and they've flopped in comparison. IF we can get much better alternatives then we should, until then keep in what we have.

His biggest issue is consistency and being in and out hasn't helped that.  

Two more years on the basis he can get a L1 or L2 gig for the first half of next season if he's not in our primary plans. If he's not improved by xmas try to get a sale.