Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van needed to collect a bit of the old Valley in Eltham and take to the museum

2»

Comments

• Options
    Your museum needs a favour.

Anyone got use of a van large enough to transport an item 7' x 3' from Eltham to the museum?

Not that heavy but might need two people to manoeuvre it.

If so, inbox us or email cafchistorian@gmail.com 

Thanks in advance.
    Did you double check the dimensions? Mrs TT told me that I was exaggerating the size (again).
    Thought of you when I read this.
    How much did it cost you 5pound@TellyTubby
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I hope whatever it is is there by the 22/4 as I’m defo coming to see you 😃
    Promises, promises  :)
    Unless the plane is delayed, I’m going to be there early as Bruv is collecting me from the airport, going to feed him some brekkie & then I’ll be there 😃😎
  • Options
    Nice bit of fencing, sure I recognise that, think it was the one I used to lean against.. ;)
    By the way, the wiring behind it looks a bit iffy...🙄
  • Options
    Brings back happy but distant memories. I remember tying my satin scarf to that fencing each week, level with the covered end penalty area at the front of the east terrace. Look forward to seeing the new display. 
  • Options
    Yes @Lewis Coaches it cost me £5.

It was cut from the front of the little terracing close to the old West Stand.

Sorry I exaggerated @CharltonAthMuseum it seems that Mrs TT is correct as usual.
  • Options
    Ashers said:
    Brings back happy but distant memories. I remember tying my satin scarf to that fencing each week, level with the covered end penalty area at the front of the east terrace. Look forward to seeing the new display. 
    You must have bloody long arms if it was located on the other side of the pitch by the West Stand.
  • Options
    Yes @Lewis Coaches it cost me £5.

It was cut from the front of the little terracing close to the old West Stand.

Sorry I exaggerated @CharltonAthMuseum it seems that Mrs TT is correct as usual.

If you are in the right place at the right time it’s amazing what you can pick up.

Good old days P.

Should have kept it in your garden along with the turnstile . That was the 7x 3 the wife was on about.

• Options
    There's a turnstile?

THERE'S A TURNSTILE?
  • Options
    Hasn’t @TellyTubby told you about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasn’t @TellyTubby told you about it.
    No!
  • Options
    Make sure its real  - dust it for Robert Lee's fingerprints
  • Options
    I would talk to him next time you see him or better still try looking in the back of the van a bit better.

• Options
    I would talk to him next time you see him or better still try looking in the back of the van a bit better.

I can honestly say that don't have and have never had a turnstile Mr @Lewis Coaches

You are either a tease, or someone else needs tapping up 
  • Options
    @TellyTubby Look in the van a bit better thought that would give it away.
    It was a joke P not tapping anyone up.But I do know someone with an old Preston North End turnstile in the garden. He brought it when the ground was being rebuilt.  That’s True.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Does anyone understand this conversation/joke?
    I've read it a few times and can't make any sense of it at all.