Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Shrewsbury Town | Saturday 1st April 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell ..  Robert Madley the ref…… every game we get them !! Oh well take a draw 
    Reffed our Oxford home game and scored 5.84 - there are far worse!
    one time top referee, fell right out of favour over a piss taking video .. his brother Andy reffed our2019 Play Off win 
  • Options

Shrewsbury were the talk of the town a few years ago, when in 2017-18 they defied the odds and missed out on promotion to the Championship by one solitary game - Regardless of what happened at Wembley that day, it is still their best ever season in their history and have unsurprisingly been unable to repeat that form since.

Really?
    How do you work that one out?
    How is just missing out on returning to a previously achieved level better than having been there in the first place?
    Ah I see where I've made my mistake

For some reason my brain didnt want to remember that the Second Division was once the second tier of English Football - Whereas the Second Division was called that even when the Premier League came along.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    ross1 said:
    Team and squad as expected 
    Which is?
    Match thread
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Been thinking of that 2-4 home defeat to them early 80's, we had Shane Westley and Micky Paye.
  • Options
    Very odd from Clare.

Shrews take a throw, Clare intercepts and goes down in pain as he lands... Grimacing with the physio on the pitch at the moment - Must have landed awkwardly on his ankle
  • Options
    This one did not look good when it first happened. Clare is putting weight on it and gingerly jogging. I was worried that he'd torn ligaments when it first happened. 
  • Options
    Very odd from Clare.

Shrews take a throw, Clare intercepts and goes down in pain as he lands... Grimacing with the physio on the pitch at the moment - Must have landed awkwardly on his ankle
    Looks like he'll be fine to continue... Definitely looked an uncomfortable landing on replay, twisted his ankle slightly by the looks of things
  • Options
    Leaburn wins a foul on half way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, Terrell Thomas has been absolutely buzzing about in the press today 
  • Options
    Clare is coming off. He is limping but he's walking under his own power. Hopefully it's just a tweak. Like I said I was worried about torn ligaments when he first went down, which must be especially scary for a player out of contract in the summer. 
  • Options
    The boy is special 
  • Options
    Wow!
  • Options
    I love the way we're pressing today. We haven't given them a moment's peace. The press created that goal. 
  • Options
    It's such a shame Brownie isn't here to find something to whinge about. I really like Lisbie though, speaks sense and seems grounded. 
  • Options
    Of all the shit teams in this division, we’re the best 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    I fancy us to win 6-0 today  :)
  • Options
    I fancy us to win 6-0 today  :)
    You do not fool me, look at date, no way we will win at that score 🤗