Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess today's attendance

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
I'm going for a very disappointing 4,724.

Think the club are expecting 7,000.....

Comments

• Options
    too hot for football
  • Options
    Think you could be suprised- nice day- £10 ticket.

7250 for me.
  • Options
    still think a hell of a lot of people don't know its a 1pm KO...
  • Options
    I think there might be more of a reasonable turnout......a whopping,record pre-season friendly gate receipt breaking, 7,995.
  • Options
    I'm going for 6500
  • Options
    I'm going for 6821
  • Options

At the ground with the now WORKING fibre optic feed.

Don't mention it CAFC guys, Dicko only had to work his bollocks off yesterday to get that back up and running!!
  • Options
    Have just been down to get a couple of tickets.
    Asked the bloke in the ticket office, and he said they'd sold about 4,000 but were hoping for about 8,000 - 9,000.

However, I think AFKA's point is very valid and that there might be a fair few turning up just as everyone's leaving...
  • Options
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]7321

At the ground with the now WORKING fibre optic feed.

Don't mention it CAFC guys, Dicko only had to work his bollocks off yesterday to get that back up and running!!
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's the fibre optic feed for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2007
    For the comms at the ground. (CCTV, computers etc)
  • Options
    me thinks 6134, will be leaving shortly and will take a walk down.
  • Options
    Ahh, that makes more sense!
  • Options
    eleven thousand minus me
  • Options
    5,647 apparently.Thought we might have a got few more but bearing in mind it was a lunchtime kick-off and no paper I read yesterday had the game down in the days fixture list at all.
  • Options
    Looks like C/L's resident optimist OohAhhMortimar is closest.

:-)
  • Options
    BBC didn't have it on their list, or Sky on theirs. One too many redundancies in the communications department possibly...
  • Options
    It's disappointing that nobody at the club seemed able to publicise the game effectively.......

Surely that little inefficiency has hit the club hard in the pocket?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It's disappointing that nobody at the club seemed able to publicise the game effectively.......

Surely that little inefficiency has hit the club hard in the pocket?

Oggy, i think you raise a really good point here. I'm certainly not a 'club knocker' but this firstly was not the most inspiring of opposition, and secondly, very poorly marketed in the build up to the game. That was the basis of my forecast of a poor turnout, and proved right.

Advertise any form of game at the Valley correctly and you have a minimum 10k turnout.