Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oldies Get the Job Done

e.g. Neil Warnock and Roy Hodgson  :)

Comments

• Options
    Colin Wanker weaving his magic at Huddersfield. 
  • Options
    Can big Sam make it a hat trick of 2023 survival miracle workers ? .. at 68 he's not quite as ancient as the other two but has skated round the block a few thousand times ..
    it's interesting how the older, knowledgeable, cooler heads seems to work  better in a crisis than some of the managerial gimmicks favoured by some of the younger English managers  ..
    Warnock has played a blinder at the Terriers, Sam has a VERY tough gig at keeping the other Yorkies afloat .. be fascinating to see if he can get the players in some kind of competitive shape and (of course) stop leaking so many goals as well as scoring a few
  • Options
    Mick McCarthy was not so good at Blackpool 
  • Options
    The turnaround at Palace is the most surprising one. Nobody expected Hodgson's Palace to suddenly start scoring more goals and look more of an attacking threat, but then many "modern" coaches seem more interested in possession for possession's sake, rather than attacking quickly.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    CH4RLTON said:
    Mick McCarthy was not so good at Blackpool 
    true .. but as the poet saith .. 2 outta 3 ain't bad .. AND Mick is a mere 64, i m o not quite ancient enough to be a proper oldie
  • Options
    Could do with a point against Sheff Utd on Thursday, if not will go to their final game at home to Reading.
  • Options
    Could do with a point against Sheff Utd on Thursday, if not will go to their final game at home to Reading.
    You just know that he will do it. 
  • Options
    I think I now count as an oldie. I assure you, I rarely get the job done.
  • Options
    PS I saw Nigel W in my local Tesco (Callington) a few weeks ago and wanted to say hello but had a senior moment and could only think of the name "Colin". A sense that that wasn't right stopped me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes get it done in double time..but that is a different story...🤔
  • Options
    So how old do you have to be to “qualify” as an oldie?  I remember the kids in their younger years used to refer to us as the wrinklies.  We were in our forties!
  • Options
    So how old do you have to be to “qualify” as an oldie?  I remember the kids in their younger years used to refer to us as the wrinklies.  We were in our forties!
    used to be 35 .. nowadays for most of the average male population, I reckon around 71/73, though to some it comes a bit earlier, to others a shade later .. good benchmark is when your conversations are more about your health than sex, drugs, rock n roll and football .. 
  • Options
    A point tonight and Reading are relegated. Virtually a local derby for us compared to this season 
  • Options
    Not what I expected when I opened the thread, very disappointed.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    And a good job you didn’t call him Nigel either! :D
    Oh god, well there you go...I can see it now

"Hello Nigel, erm, Colin, erm..."
  • Options
    Well done Colin.
    Not an admirer but credit where credits due. Hudds looked doomed when he took over. 
  • Options
    A point tonight and Reading are relegated. Virtually a local derby for us compared to this season 
    A localish away game for us next season.