Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Shirts

Searching through the forum and can't find a big discussion about shirts, so thought I should make one!

Favourite?
Least favourite?
Recent buy?
Old classic?
Collections?
Loves and hates?
Envious of a rival?

Anything really

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    (deleted, thought you meant from any club)
  • Options
    Could be any club
  • Options
    I'm keeping it fully open
  • Options
    Favourite?
    Purple, green and white kit from the mid nineties

Least favourite?
    The weird orange and yellow third kit from a few years back

Recent buy?
    The aforementioned purple and green number

Old classic?
    Pinstripe Adidas effort from the 80s

Collections?
    Have about 20 kits from over the years

Loves and hates?
    Love when we incorporate the sword into the design somehow.
    Hate blue kits

Envious of a rival?
    Not really
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Could be any club
    Go on then. Got PSG home and away tops at the Parc de Princes yesterday on the way back from Paris.

My boys liked the third kit better but they didn't have the right size.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Favourite?
    Purple, green and white kit from the mid nineties

Least favourite?
    The weird orange and yellow third kit from a few years back

Recent buy?
    The aforementioned purple and green number

Old classic?
    Pinstripe Adidas effort from the 80s

Collections?
    Have about 20 kits from over the years

Loves and hates?
    Love when we incorporate the sword into the design somehow.
    Hate blue kits

Envious of a rival?
    Not really
    Point of order - St Andrews vs Leeds - the play off win which I am willing to argue saved Charlton at that point in time (I was there - badge of honour 😀) - we were in a fab blue away kit that that night - still will never know why we were not in red and white - but hey ho, sod the kit - what a match that was !!!

Best kit EVER is early 80’s FADS Adidas

Closely followed by Osca ‘Woolwich’ kit, and our Adidas kit first 2 seasons in Div 1 under Lennie 

Anyone who says Bukta late 70’s - wash your mouth out with soap - awful - couldn’t even be bothered with a proper badge 🤮
  • Options
    The yellow woolwich kit we had was a beauty - 88/89?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My fav is my first which is The Woolwich with the white border. I still own it. Quite rare now I think although mine is obviously a kids size.

I have bought a few over recent years to supplement the ones I already owned and my home kit collection can be seen in my profile pic (still missing 3 if anyone wants to help fill the gaps!). 

Not bought one for a few months now as it is rare one comes up I need any more now I am down to my final few.

I also have most of the away kits covering the same period with maybe 5-6 gaps there.

They are all displayed in my office now on an open rack.  My wife thinks I am mad.

There are certain shirts I look at and just think of a player immediately (ie Mesh is Mendonca; white border Woolwich is Rob Lee, white away Viglen is Lee Bowyer and there is a home Viglen which is Darren Pitcher-when we beat Blackburn in the cup).

• Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Searching through the forum and can't find a big discussion about shirts, so thought I should make one!

Favourite?
    Mesh Wembley final
    the black and gold one last season was pretty slick 

Least favourite?
    The joma one mentioned earlier is pretty atrocious but that fell into a period I was at uni and didn’t really follow the club. Thought the stripey sword design from last season or the one before was a bit odd.

Recent buy?
    This seasons blue third kit at 70% off

Old classic?
    My first shirt was the Viglen one from 97, but the Woolwich one is an iconic one

Collections?
    I’ve started getting my babies shirts in each size as they get older, they have 3 currently

Loves and hates?
    Hate - Not being able to get the next size for the babies due to castore being shite presumably

Not a huge fan of the thick black this season or the mix of red shirt and black shorts in general

Love - Third kits being something different, nice to get a bit of variety even if they are hit and miss!

Envious of a rival?
    nah

Anything really

• Options
    Two of our best ever shirts have to the blue away and the grey (or silver) away Woolwich ones.

If there was a poll for favourite shirt i'm confident these 2 shirts would feature very highly.
  • Options
    Well two shirts from my two favorite teams.
    One is a play off shirt and the other came from a play off season.
  • Options
    I love the 25 year back at the valley one off kit that Hummel made to look like the original 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    I'm a bit of a football shirt perv, although I don't collect them as I don't have the space or money. 

My favourite Charlton ones:

And other favourites of mine. You'll see a theme of late 80s/90s shirts here, as design has really gone downhill lately, especially with team wear, and kits changing every season. I do like what adidas have done for Arsenal in the last couple of seasons though.

That white Viglen shirt is lovely. Shame it was such a crummy iteration of the badge on the chest - which is weird because the woven-in one is grand.
  • Options

Recently found these in the loft from a small collection 20 years ago (ish)
  • Options
    The museum has a collection of shirts going back to 1950
  • Options

Picked up these three, so simple, but brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not an expert but have a vague idea, but that Charlton top can bring in dough.
    For being so rare keep it mate.
  • Options
    The yellow woolwich kit we had was a beauty - 88/89?
    But as rare as 4 points for a win.
  • Options
    Not an expert but have a vague idea, but that Charlton top can bring in dough.
    For being so rare keep it mate.
    One of only two home shirts I don't have back to 1986 I think. Would love it but as you say even an unworn one is worth a lot of money. A play off player worn one would be worth a very decent sum