Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden in The Times this morning....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great article apart from this, which is not true at all -

"Jesurun Rak-Sakyi, the 20-year-old on loan from Crystal Palace, showed why he is highly regarded with a stream of accurate crosses from the left." 

He's rarely played on the left and put in a stream of accurate crosses has he?

The author is talking about the training session that they’re watching. Perhaps they only got a snapshot of the session and he was on the right hitting them behind the goal for the rest of it 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options

"Jesurun Rak-Sakyi, the 20-year-old on loan from Crystal Palace, showed why he is highly regarded with a stream of accurate crosses from the left." 

How do you know? Were you at the training session that day?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The author is talking about the training session that they’re watching. Perhaps they only got a snapshot of the session and he was on the right hitting them behind the goal for the rest of it 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
    Ok, my mistake, if he was talking about the training session he was watching. Thanks.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I think he is the most "Charlton" manager we could have got. His empathy is amazing.

Best bit of the story is when the hack describes Miles as "the son of Charlton legends Carl and Tracey..." 
    Agreed - so pleased Tracey got mentioned too!
  • Options
    His agent must be the hardest working man in football. 
  • Options
    Great article ; great bloke ; still great club !
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I don’t think there’s anything really new in that piece, but it’s brilliant to see it all getting a wider audience. I think he’s already made a huge, positive, difference for us and is the type of man who will improve players not only on the pitch. I hope he gets the support from whoever our owners are in the future.  

P.S. @KBslittlesis - we never called it “cold water therapy” when we were kids at da’s family farm in Cavan. It was the only water we had 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
    And it was usually a deep brown colour……..well it was in Bailieboro 😳🫣🤣🤣🤣💚
  • Options
    Just finished listening.
    I could listen to him all day.
    Thanks @LouisMend brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Obv a good man. I wonder why The Times' chief football writer is interviewing the manager of a mid table third division side and it gets half a page. Perhaps the CAFC media person sorted it,which is great work,  or perhaps Holden has the same agent/manager as a more high profile football person. "You want to speak exclusively with Kompany? Sure but Holden gets half a page". I've no idea and I'm glad he and we are getting the coverage, but it's something to ponder. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yup a thoroughly decent man. Of that there is no doubt.

But decency won't keep him in a job in the cut throat world of football management with too many more performances like this afternoon. He desperately needs support from the owners as well.
  • Options
    Top guy. Shocking suit though.
  • Options
    Tip of the cap to Mr Holden , might have found a diamond down a coal mine.
  • Options
    Forty something dresses like a teenager shocker. I’ll forgive him, thoroughly decent human being. Hope he does well with us. 
  • Options
    Forty something dresses like a teenager shocker. I’ll forgive him, thoroughly decent human being. Hope he does well with us. 

• Options
    The more I read about him and hear from him the more I like him.
    I hope he get’s the proper backing because we have found a diamond there!
  • Options
     "He found out he’d had his underfloor heating on for two years and he didn’t know. He got this bill through, and it was quite a heavy bill"

The club paid it.

I would of been laughed at and told to fuck off. Which is what most businesses would of done. Another world these footballers have. 
  • Options
     "He found out he’d had his underfloor heating on for two years and he didn’t know. He got this bill through, and it was quite a heavy bill"

The club paid it.

I would have been laughed at and told to fuck off. Which is what most businesses would have done. Another world these footballers have. 
    He actually said “the club fixed it”,I would be assuming if the club had paid it,it was deemed as a loan,so it woulda been paid back via players wages…otherwise it would be a complete free for all…🤔

as I do agree with your last paragraph,if it had been just ya normal worker…
  • Options
    Stuart Pearce trained as an electrician.
    Ray Wilson an undertaker.
    Neil Warnock podiatrist.

Players could at least try to be a bit more clued up about life, I reckon most are, but some of the mollycoddling stories are pathetic.