Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers Vs Charlton Athletic : Good Friday 7th April 2023 : KO 3.00 Pm

So, a nice sunny day for another 3 points, which would be nice...
Looks like some fans haven't made it due to bank holiday traffic, but we are looking at a good
turn out of away support, and we owe Rovers a spanking after the home match ended in a 1-2 defeat
back in December...

Anyway here we go...

Steven Sessegnon returns to the starting line-up for today’s game against Bristol Rovers.

Sess will take the place of Sean Clare, who limped off in the 19th minute of last week’s 6-0 win at home to Shrewsbury Town, while Mandela Egbo returns to the Addicks' substitutes bench.

We are expected to line-up in the 4-3-3 that has served them well in recent weeks with Sessegnon, Ryan Inniss, Michael Hector and Terell Thomas starting in a back four in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Albie Morgan, skipper George Dobson and Scott Fraser make up a midfield three behind the in-form attacking trio of Jes Rak-Sakyi, Miles Leaburn and Tyreece Campbell.

Egbo is joined on the bench by Joe Wollacott, Zach Mitchell, Aaron Henry, Jack Payne, Daniel Kanu and Macauley Bonne.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Sessegnon, Inniss, Hector, Thomas; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Substitutes: Wollacott, Egbo, Mitchell, Henry, Payne, Kanu, Bonne

Much as I like that front three, would like to see Kanu starting...

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    The starting lineup is much as I expected. No reason to change the team, other than Clare
  • Options
    Rovers fans confused by their lineup.
  • Options
    So Charlottes in the hot seat with Scott on hols, always a good show with her in charge,..will be great when that sodding ATV gets the boot... :s
  • Options
    Come on you Addicks!

Start the Goal Machine...
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Oggy Red said:

Instead of who, though?

Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn are in great form, key involvement with assists and goals. On the left side Campbell is doing his job steadily and quite a handful at times, again well involved. And all 3 are working well together.

There's not really a place for Kanu right now, except from the bench.

I know JRS is on form,and we all know what he can do, but he ain't here next year and we very much are here next year without him, so just be good to give Kanu a few games rather like Campbell, that's all really...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Instead of who, though?

Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn are in great form, key involvement with assists and goals. On the left side Campbell is doing his job steadily and quite a handful at times, again well involved. And all 3 are working well together.

Agreed. Kanu can only play through the middle, and there's no vacancy there
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Instead of who, though?

I know JRS is on form,and we all know what he can do, but he ain't here next year and we very much are here next year without him, so just be good to give Kanu a few games rather like Campbell, that's all really...
    You should give the Charlton Live interview a watch later today as this very question came up and Dean gave a great answer.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Rovers fans confused by their lineup.
    Their no.10 Collins must not be fully fit because he’s by far and away their best player. To see him on the subs bench is a surprise.
  • Options

The Valley looks so good in the sun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marquis on the bench...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Instead of who, though?

Agreed. Kanu can only play through the middle, and there's no vacancy there
    I thought he played on the right for the u18s at times with Leaburn as the lone striker.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Rovers pitch looks in good condition, so no excuses, feel we will be ok today and get the winn, don't give them a sniff of doing the double over us
  • Options
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Miles Leaburn getting the Player of the month for March, well deserved...✅
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

The Valley looks so good in the sun
    The pitch will be perfect by May ...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Instead of who, though?

You should give the Charlton Live interview a watch later today as this very question came up and Dean gave a great answer.
    Which was?
  • Options
    With an open terrace, I was worried about getting drenched. Instead it's sunburn which is more of a risk as it's beautiful weather 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With an open terrace, I was worried about getting drenched. Instead it's sunburn which is more of a risk as it's beautiful weather 😂
    Just no pleasing some people is there... ;)
  • Options
    OH NO!! Brownie has gone for an away win...🙄
  • Options
    Forest Green 0 Derby 1
  • Options

• Options
    Morecambe 1 Plymouth 0
  • Options
    Cambridge 1 F/wood 0
  • Options
    1. 3'

Post update

Josh Coburn (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    1. 4'

Post update

Grant Ward (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Great tackle from Hector, really hope we can keep him this summer 
  • Options
    Rover are playing a very narrow line up and giving us as much room as we need in defence, while marking midfield heavily, they clearly have concern about Dobson 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!