Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: CHARLTON 3-2 BURTON ALBION

many thanks to the 67 Lifers who gave marks
this is the 2nd game in a row that Hector and Inniss have taken 2nd and 3rd spot respectively
Macauley Bonne was not found off side in this game.

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday's was a bit of a non assist seeing that the goal was a solo special, but noteworthy that Morgan now has the most league assists of anyone.
  • Options
    It was a good run but verrrry generous giving Campbell the assist! Do what you do I guess
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It was a good run but verrrry generous giving Campbell the assist! Do what you do I guess
    If Campbell hadn't centred the ball it would not have, even indirectly,  reached Bonne and so the assist
  • Options
    I presume the stat regarding number of points from play-off/relegation has been dropped because neither is happening for us (it wasn't there last Friday either)!
  • Options
    I presume the stat regarding number of points from play-off/relegation has been dropped because neither is happening for us (it wasn't there last Friday either)!
    Yes - I saw no point in continuing it !
  • Options
    Yesterday's was a bit of a non assist seeing that the goal was a solo special, but noteworthy that Morgan now has the most league assists of anyone.
    It wasn't just the pass he also dragged a defender away.

Assists are daft anyway as its not always the last player to touch the ball before the scorer that makes the most significant contribution to the goal.
  • Options
    Bonne must have a nose bleed in the first chart  :D
  • Options
    addickson said:
    It wasn't just the pass he also dragged a defender away.

Assists are daft anyway as its not always the last player to touch the ball before the scorer that makes the most significant contribution to the goal.
    I wasn't knocking Morgan, just pointing out as you say the slightly artificial nature of assists, which are now a major stat collected in football. KDB getting his 100th PL assist for City for example.

Thinking back to that Son goal where he ran the length of the pitch to score, someone got an assist for that  :D
  • Options
    LL- something wrong with minutes for Hector and Fraser. I believe they should be 101 and 71 respectively. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    LL- something wrong with minutes for Hector and Fraser. I believe they should be 101 and 71 respectively. 
    thanks Redman, the page is now corrected
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance you could show the correct table for the rest of the team/squad? You've shown the table for Egbo-Mitchell twice.
  • Options
    danny777 said:
    Any chance you could show the correct table for the rest of the team/squad? You've shown the table for Egbo-Mitchell twice.
    sorry about that - change made
  • Options
    Interesting that Rak-Sayki is currently in 13th place, if you include all the players  :)
  • Options
    If you only include the players that have played the most games (off the top of my head). 
    The order is -
    1 AMB
    2 Dobson
    3 Leaburn
    4 Fraser
    5 JRS
  • Options
    He is the player that gets you most excited!

• Options
    NotTheTop20 podcast just described JRS as ‘the best player in the league’. 
  • Options
    Interesting that Rak-Sayki is currently in 13th place, if you include all the players  :)
    Because he is either very exceptional (like last Saturday) or invisible as he was against Bristol Rovers 
  • Options
    Whereas independent statistics, driven more by "measurable stats" have JRS as our best player

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/160/Show/England-Charlton
  • Options
    Thing about JRS is that he often isn't involved, but when he is he affects games. Pretty high goals/assists contribution for the amount of times he get the ball, I suspect.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well you've got people giving him a 7 after he scored 2 goals because "he should've scored 3" or "still has so much to learn."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Thing about JRS is that he often isn't involved, but when he is he affects games. Pretty high goals/assists contribution for the amount of times he get the ball, I suspect.
    Which is ultimately what matters, and wins games. 

"That Haaland is rubbish, he barely touched the ball. All he did today was score 3 goals with 3 shots"