Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Zemura

Left back released by us in 2019 aged 19. Spent some time working as a glass fitter while trying to get a contract at a new club.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/zemura-trials-tribulations-being-fired-as-a-glass-fitter/

Went to Bournemouth where he's played over 50 times for their first team in the Championship and Premier League. Has also played internationally for Zimbabwe.

Been announced today he's signed for Udinese, will join them in the summer on a free transfer on a 4 year contract. They're currently mid table in Serie A.

Anyone know more about why he released him? I remember seeing him on a stream of an u18 or u23s game and thinking he looked like a promising attacking full back.

We'll get a small amount of compensation for playing a part in his development.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Not a name that meant anything for me but can see he was mentioned on here in 2015 as an U16 playing in the U18s. 

@snakedavis mentioned him moving on in May 19 so may know more on why.
  • Options
    I think at the point of release Doughty had broken into the team, and may have felt he had more potential. Or maybe the player just didn't think he would get the opportunities.
  • Options
    Always looked to be a skilful, pacy left back and was extremely surprised he left us. Not sure if we offered a contract. Maybe had a better offer via his agent. 
  • Options
    Always looked to be a skilful, pacy left back and was extremely surprised he left us. Not sure if we offered a contract. Maybe had a better offer via his agent. 
    tbh we were an absolute basket case when he left, so not really surprised he didn't fancy sticking around.
  • Options
    tbh we were an absolute basket case when he left, so not really surprised he didn't fancy sticking around.
    That’s what’s unclear - did he turn down a contract or did we choose not to offer one?
  • Options
    Shows what can be achieved if you stick to it and have self belief. Well done and hope you have a great career.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Scoham said:
    That’s what’s unclear - did he turn down a contract or did we choose not to offer one?
    First line of the post says "Left back released by us in 2019 aged 19. Spent some time working as a glass fitter while trying to get a contract at a new club."

That to me says we didn't think he was good enough, and at the time i guess other clubs also felt the same if he started work as a glass fitter.

He signed for Bournemouth after impressing on trial. Fair play to the kid, a brilliant example for all of the many kids who will be released by clubs this summer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    First line of the post says "Left back released by us in 2019 aged 19. Spent some time working as a glass fitter while trying to get a contract at a new club."

That to me says we didn't think he was good enough, and at the time i guess other clubs also felt the same if he started work as a glass fitter.

He signed for Bournemouth after impressing on trial. Fair play to the kid, a brilliant example for all of the many kids who will be released by clubs this summer.
    There were probably some windows to mend after it all kicked off in the boardroom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

That was my own wording. Either way he was released after his contract ended.

I don’t think working in another job while he had trials at other clubs reflects what other clubs thought of him. Until he had a new club there was no guarantee he’d be able to stay in football.